Tinnitus after surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I am almost 3 weeks post mastoidectomy surgery and have no pain anymore (thankfully) but I'm suffering with very annoying tinnitus constantly.

Wondering am I stuck with this or does it usually subside?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey!

I'm sorry to say this, but you are most likely stuck with it for now. My first operation was in July this year, and the tinnitus did not go away as time went on. Actually felt like it got worse.

I just had a second operation a week ago for reconstruction, and I am hoping the tinnitus will possibly go away. But I don't know. It may go away, or take a while to, but it might be here forever possibly. Someone else here probably has a better answer:

• Posted

Sorry you have it too. Really hoping it fades at least! At night it's awful! sad

• Posted

Yeah, at night it drives me insane. You get kind of used to it, but it would be nicer if I didn't have it in the first place.

• Posted

Hi London,

I have this too. Not constantly, but frequently for sure.

It's over two months after the surgery and things are different.

There is a constant very high tone in my left ear and sometimes a really loud tone appears and fades after a while.

I'll ask my Dr about this.

• Posted

I Continued with tinnitus after my op. It was pulsating type but also get high pitched. At night it sounds like the washer whooshing.it can happen but I had mine before too. It can be annoying but probably something you have to learn to live with.

• Posted

My last surgery was 5 years ago but I still get tinnitus - not constant but definitely frequent,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.