worsening elbow pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had mild pain for a while leading up to the incident but it did not pose any limitations. then about 8 months ago, i experienced sharp pain in my elbow while moving a couch and could not flex my arm without crippling pain in my left elbow. i naturally assumed that i tweaked something in the joint (a tendon or ligament) so it should heal on its own, but the symptoms appear to be getting worse. i get a ache in my elbow, that started only when working out. after being advised to take it easy, i stopped working out and the pain came back (and may actually be worse). if i bend my elbow and twist my forearm so that my thumb is facing my stomach, my elbow will make a crackling sound like popcorn in the microwave and it feels like something is shifting out of place. i dont think its arthritis because it was caused by an injury. It sounds like an inflamed tendon, except that the pain seems to get worse in time without damaging it more. im also 20, and have not had issues with this arm in the past.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

you may have fractured the radial head...your symptoms are classic.

A good orthopedic should take a look, you may need surgery.

kind regards

• Posted

I hae problems with my left elbow I thought it was like you moving furniture. When I went to the doctors one said it was tennis elbow but did not get any better so went back down seen another doctor and he said it was golf elbow and just rest it or have a steroid injection which if it hit a nerve I could lose use of my arm. So said I would have physio which has not made any difference

• Posted

Sounds a bit like tennis elbow, especially when you say twisting your forearm. I had exactly the same
    • Posted

twisting your forearm is termed pronation....difgiculty pronating is indictive of radial head injury.
    • Posted

Maybe your right but probation of the wrist is a symptom of tennis elbow, mine ended in surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.