Mona Lisa Maintenance

Posted , 6 users are following.

My yearly maintenance is due this coming January. I am debating whether to spend the $750 for 1 treatment and if it is worth it. The initial treatments were about 70% successful. The treatment result lasted about 9 months with masturbation only. I am 59 years old and have no idea if I may have a bf in the future but even with the treatment I won't know if I can have sex until I find someone and then the, I don't know if it will work nervousness comes back and probable rejection. I had my pap this month and I had a cervical polyp. I'm wondering if this was caused by the procedures, the inflammation and rawness I had during my initial 4 treatments. I am in a quandary trying to decide what to do. Ladies, what do you think???

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I had the Monalisa treatment and had no side effects the reason I did it because I had constant bladder infections in pain being on anabiotic's for over three years on and off… Since I had the Monalisa I have not had another bladder infection so I will do my yearly maintenance I pay $500 here in California I never did it to rejuvenate the tissue in order to have sex

• Posted

Where about in California? I'm in Southern CA. How was your vagina in-between treatments? And how was your doctor's follow-ups?

• Posted

San Jose ca. No

Issues between treatments for me. No follow ups

• Posted

3 years? I'm happy to hear you have had good results! It having worked for you is a G-d send. I had a bladder infection that lasted six months so, I smile you finally found a solution. The procedure stopped my bladder leakage and the perineum burn. Interesting the multitude of problems we can have down there; miserable but interesting.

• Posted

It should be covered by insurance but women's pain doesn't seem to be a priority

• Posted

Yes, just pap and mammogram. They seem to think hormones are sufficient for menopause. It's probably a $ thing. My mother has had 3 different types of cancer down there and my Dad died of a stroke. Hormones don't work for me.

• Posted

I'm interested in hearing about your bladder infection that lasted 6 months.  Is there a way for you to communicate with me privately, or is it ok to write it here.  I don't want to tack the topic off tract.  I'm a new member.

• Posted

I have had limited success with Mona Lisa also. The doctor has seen tissue improvement, and I'm sure it has improved, however I still am unable to have intercourse. Don't know if the ML would cause a cervical polyp. Have you had it removed? I had a cervical polyp 4 years ago. My GYN did a very aggressive scraping of it to send to the lab. And then I had a D&C a couple of months later to remove it. So, long story short.....the aggressive scraping and D&C caused a pelvic abcess that resulted in my hospitalization for over a week and a couple of months recovery. Wouldn't wish that on anyone. Sorry i am not much help! Good luck!

• Posted

Hi Kit... Your answer is helpful. (Long reply) I'm sorry to hear what you had to go through! Why did he do such an intense procedure?! Did he consider an infection? Gawd, I can't imagine the pain, how your insides felt, that length of recovery, the trying to function, the intensity. It sounds like you could have died. My gyn removed the polyp. She clamped it, sliced it off and sent it in for a biopsy; nothing, nothing like what was done to you. She said my tissue was about average for my age. She said she would not have recommended the Mona Lisa, All her patients had horrible reactions. She still wants to use internal hormone capsule but I have wondered about that from my body's reaction to the previous hormone therapy. The cream caused miserable burning & I was using ice and I went for the Mona Lisa. I just had a car wreck that used up my emergency funds. I can't afford it the procedure but I don't want to waste the $ I spent. IDK. I do have deep aching inside, I'd freak out if I had to be scraped. I'd probably have trusted her and done it.

• Posted

Hi BBBlue: I think my GYN's initial aggressive scraping is what caused the pelvic abcess. It was like a scraping for a pap, only really aggressive. So, the next day I started having abdominal pain and ended up going to the ER. They didn't know what it was, ran lots of tests, ct scans, etc. I went home and then it got worse and a few days later ended up spending 2 days in the hospital. They misdiagnosed it as diverticulitis and put me on antibiotics. So that did help but I still had occasional pain which I thought was diverticulitis. This was in June 2012. So I was scheduled to remove the polyp at the end of August with the D&C. I don't remember why he did the D&C and not just remove it. The D&C went well but the next day I had to go back to the ER with abdominal pains; was unable to urinate. Yes, could have died....ugh.... Admitted to hospital, had numerouss ct scans, x-rays....and finally had a really great doctor who finally diagnosed it as a pelvic abcess which had been growing all summer. The antibiotics in June had helped some, but did not get rid of it totally. So, the D&C procedure really set it off. But once they diagnosed it, it had to be drained, so I had 2 drains inserted and lots of antibiotics. Finally got better after a couple of months....I am glad you did not have anything like that happen! That is interesting that she does not recommend the ML. Seems like most women have had pretty good results with it. Like I said I think the ML helped my tissue quality, so I don't consider it a total failure. And my Doctor is really great! I hope you get some relief soon! Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.