22- undiagnosed chest pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

notes: have always been skinny, had asthma that went away as a kid, GP said I have a heart murmur, had hole in heart as newborn (Ventricular septal defect?) but apparently went away

Problem summed up:

-regular cannabis user (about 1-2 years of use, not anymore)

-used cannabis one day, heart rate went through the roof (possibly 200+ BPM) for about around 60-90min, remained extremely calm/rational, shrugged it off as anxiety, pain didn't subside so concluded it wasn't mental

-multiple chest xrays done the following month (around 5, 2 different occurences)

-several EKGs (about 4-5, 3-4 different occurences)

-Ultrasound by cardiologist- His response:"You have a strong, healthy heart."

-cleared for all (ekg, xrays, ultrasound all good)

-alcohol, cannabis, non-intense sex, and even small sips of coffee lead to pinching chest/body pain (usually occurs anywhere from 10Min+ after use or a few hours after or the following day(s)

-sharp, pinching pain left side under breast, sometimes on the right side

lasts few seconds, comes and goes every 10-20mins sometimes takes a little longer to reoccur

-i've gone a few weeks without the above (alcohol, cannabis, caffeine, etc) and it'll usually go away for the most part within a month

-bending over with my chest being pushed in worsens the pain and sometimes causes the pain (majority of the time, not always)

-exercise does not affect it

-same pinching/sharp pain is felt around body, from toes to fingers (finger recently felt bad, pulsating pain when using cannabis), felt on neck, knee, thigh, forearms

-while engaging in activities above, pain is mild, pain will get worse the following days after activities

-if i had to describe, chest pain feels like heart pain, body pain feels like vascular pain

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Btw, chest pain gets worse and more common the more I participate in listed activities. Been dealing with this for about 20 months
  • Posted

sorry, can't edit OP. Forgot to mention, again, chest pain not dependent on smoking. It still occurs, sometimes worse, if I eat cannabis. So not likely to be a lung problem.

• Posted

Hi. I have a same problem. I'm from south korea. And i'm not good at english.

I'm 22 years old. Last year i was smoking some weed. When i was smoking cannaabis, i had chest pain. So, i sotopped smoking weed, then chest pain is disappeared. But Later, when I did not use weed, chest pain is come back. And i notice, chest pain is trigger by alcohol too!

My EKG is normal. 

Ches X-ray, CT scan is all normal.

But I have had more serious problems since then. All the muscles, including the chest muscles, began to cramp or twitching. My arms and thigh was so weakness. Once time. I had rhabdomyolysis with chest pain and muscle pain. I try to find what is the happening in my body. But many doctors are can't diagonosis my disease. 

Doctors are considering the possibility of genetic metabolic disease. But there is no precise clue.

I have never seen people with similar symptoms. All friends who used marijuana together are normal. I have never seen cases of chest pain associated with marijuana or alcohol.

How about you now? Are there any other symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.