Does anyone else get these weird symptoms?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Mine started just over 3 years ago in one foot and is now in both feet and legs from the knee down.

Always worse at night for some reason, but a new sensation has occurred recently.  When walking, apart from the usual tingling sensations, the bottoms of my feet feel almost like I am walking on sandpaper - very perculiar.  

Also the skin at the end of my toes has gone very thin looking and shiny. 

I also get a lot of cramping in my toes and arch of my foot.

Think I will go back on the fish oil capsules and see if they help.

I am just classified as 'idiopathic' which is a bit frustrating.  I keep trying different things (acupuncture, osteopathy, supplements, etc) to try and fix it, but nothing does.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

what does your dr say about all of this? Has he mentioned restless legs syndrome, peripheraal neuropathy or plantar faciitis ? Are u taking any medication?
    • Posted

I have seen a neurologist twice over the past couple of years and had an MRI scan, which showed disc bulge at L5 and some pressure on nerves, but didn't say this could be causing my neuropathy.  Also had blood tests and they didn't show anything up.

• Posted

Blood tests would not show up neuropathy. Have u ever had any nerve conduction tests?
  • Posted

Prior to this starting were you on any courses of medications such as amiodarone or Fluoroquinolone antibiotics ?
  • Posted

hi lodge I don't mean to alarm you but I have had all sorts of pain for 16 years in the last 2 days I've had very bad burning sensation to the bottoms of me feet which has stopped me from walking I don't know how bad u are hun but hope the pain calms down for u x

• Posted

What you described is the same symptoms that I have or had. The diagnosis would be preferial neurophy. Not a pleasant diagnosis because in my many visit to Doctors not one could offer a cure, just treatment for the sysmtoms. 

My only advice is to see if you can find out what caused it to start. I cannot count how many times a Dr asked if I was diabetic No, No, No. 

What happened 3 years ago? Differant med, accident, medical procedure etc.. What you want to do is make sure that what is causing your condition is not getting worse by an unknown untreated problem. With me it was high uric acid, aka Gout. once I got the uric acid under control my preferial neurophy stopped getting worse. So you need to be a dectective and find the cause, if you can. You might have to find some help.

Best of Luck to you

• Posted

Dear Lodge. That is the way my pain started.

At first my doctor thought I had plantar fasiitis because I was a runner at the time. They put me in orthodics which made my feet hurt worse.

Then for the next 15 years I was idiopathic. Then about a year ago they decided that I was borderline diabetic. The latest diagnosis is that I have sarcoidosis.

Regardless of what they want to call it, after 15 years I can no longer walk unaided. I use a walker at home and a wheelchair when we go out.

I have shooting, burning and stabbing pain in my feet, legs, arms and hands. I can no longer balance when I stand up. All my muscles have atrophied and my fingers have curled.

All this being said, I am very blessed. I live with my sister who does for me the things I can no longer do. I was able to get on disability fairly quick and my personal retirement is such that I can get by.

I pray that your symptoms will go away and you can continue to have a life blessed of God:

If I can help you in any other way please let me know.

God bless!

• Posted

Hi there, it sure is frustrating. So many symptoms. I feel your pain. You can be on meds to help with the pain and symptoms. Usually like neurontin.

It can be very debilitating. The only time I am pain free is if I'm laying down. I still get up and go, for as long as I can. The nerve endings aren't working correctly. As they go thru changes and Degenerate, I get less feeling, my doctor said it was good I feel pain, because if I didn't, my muscles would atrophy. My balance is a lil off sometimes, mixed up signals to my brain.

Sometimes I don't feel my feet and my shoes will fall off, I don't realize it, lol. I've heard some people get worse at night. I've been asked the diabetic and heart problem question a million times. I'm thankful too not have those, because that increases symptoms. Mine started after I was in coma for two weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.