substitution lorazepam

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello,

​do some people know how to diminish or substituate lorazepam and even prazepam? how have you felt after and how long the side effects? by herbs? the doctor told me about mianserine/athymil???....can it be good using mianserine to make the substitution? thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Are you wanting to be drug free?

Why do you take lorazepam?

• Posted

they put me on it to sleep when i was in hospital because i cant sleep when im not at home, since i have this f***** drug , in fact i have never been so sick since they give me differents drugs even in small amounts, the psychiatrist do not believe i am drug sensitive, i would like to get a small antidepressant and a small benzo if needed, but i saw him yesterday they add mianserine to the cocktail, that is the reason i feel i m trapped into this , i dont want to stop everything but i cant stand drug interactions so i am curious of how to withdraw slowly ....as my two doctors are not agreed and are of no help at all with my symptoms
  • Posted

Hello Anne 92030

If I was you I would come off it cold turkey & not worry about having it, it's not worth it @ all, it is the HARDEST WAY to do it but by far the quickest, but thankfully I did have a very very very understanding boss & family & was off work for over a week, just think of it as having the stomach bug & not being able to sleep for a bit, wee bit worse & you feel nauseous & giddy DON'T DRIVE for a week either, you will come right, I have now done this & been clean for over 5 years & it's great, & have never ever taken a day for granted since

• Posted

This is not good advice and is highly variable from person to person. Sure, if you've taken a benzo for less than a week... maybe two... then you potentially could come off cold turkey. But, longer than that poses some very significant health risks to stop suddenly.

All mental heath drugs change brain chemistry and going cold turkey after an extended amount of time can lead to some massive side effects... side effects that can last quite a number of months. A tapering dose for all of these is the best way of going about it.

The most recommended method for coming off a benzo, is with a tapering dose of Valium. Not just benzos that need tapering, any mental health drug needs to be tapered, the speed of taper can vary a lot from person to person.

• Posted

my doctor withdrawed 3 days ago lorazepam 1 mg and prazepam 5 mg (same as valium), she replaced with mianserin (like mirtazapin for uk i think), i told her today i am very tensed and not well , she told me it cant be the withdrawal..... i could not tell her anything as she is the doctor (!!)
  • Posted

Hi Anne - I'm trying to get off of Lorazapam because I don't think it's working for me and I don't want to increase the dosage. I used to only take it as needed and would take .5 or 1mg per day but lately I was taking 2mg per day and on many occasions it didn't work. A few days ago I started on proponolol as I have read a lot of good reviews. I'm hoping to use this and completely get off of the lorazapam.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.