HS BEEN TRYING A NEW TREATMENT

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have had HS since I started puberty I'm now 24 and tried everything from anti biotics to tea tree oil and nothing works! I have read a lot of your posts and thought it's about time I put one of my own- I have recently been Using a microdermabrasion tool and a ipl laser for the past week, this is starting to work my boils are visibly better and the microdermabrasion tool has taken away the black heads blocking my pours, I will continue to use this and try to keep this post updated on my progress.

You can buy both tools for home use online yes they can pretty expensive but I would pay anything not not be in pain all of the time.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Which ones are you using please and how often are you doing it a week x
    • Posted

Hi I am using -the make sanitas for both the microdermabrasion and the laser, I was doing the the microdermabrasion once a week and the laser every 2 weeks, I must admit I have been lazy and have used either in two week and have found my boils are coming back up, it is something you have to keep doing as often as you can, it works for me when I keep it up, I hope this can give you some results if you decide to go ahead. I will try and keep you updated if I find anything else and it would be great if you could do the same if it's not to much trouble, good luck. X

• Posted

Hey thanks for this I will have a look into it. I have heard turmeric capsules are good for you and I did buy some but similarly it's taking them regularly which is the hard bit haha. Iv been sent to a dermatologist for the surgery to get the apocryrine gland removed but the area is too large to remove sad the only thing that seems to keep them at bay is the sunbed! Which I have told the doctor and she agrees it will help but obviously then faces the risk of cancer but still can't give me anything. Iv had this for about 15 years and I'm so scarred from it that the trouble I'm having is when I get a reoccurring one the skin is so thin that it is taking a month to heal and then just as it heals boom it re appears. Have you got any solutions to getting them to heal faster ? Thanks

• Posted

I was using my microdermabrasion machine and IPL Machine for around 6 months my boils really went down and I found I would only get the odd one, my microdermabrasion machine got broken and I have noticed a significant change, they have started to come back under my arms and are very painful. I will be getting another machine asap!! Please try it it found t was the only thing that worked for me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.