The catheter was taken out today

Posted , 2 users are following.

Now just maybe I can start a new life new things new adventures I'm consistently leaking but I can deal with that as lovely as it goes I can deal with it

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm pretty sure things are looking up in the future I'm not getting too far ahead of myself I hope what is the time limit on that

• Posted

I leaked for 4 months after the catheter was removed post-op.

In the early days I leaked a lot and 4 mths later I leaked a little.

4 mths since surgery I no longer wear pads and don't leak.

Give it time. Don't stress about it, if for no reason other than stress will see you leak more.

• Posted

Thanks because im leaking like a water fafaucet well its the first day have a lot of in rear and gas pain evert so offen i gruess i be using a lot pads in the up coming days i plan on sleeping with depens I feel more confident
    • Posted

The gas takes about 10 days to get rid of. Use thick pads, level 3 or 4 if using Tena or a high absorption pad if using Depend.

Don't worry about leaking for the first few months.

What ever you do, don't limit your intake of fluids just to stay dry. Try to drink whatever you drank before surgery and try to be close to a toilet.

Also try to drink nothing after 7pm, that way you will not keep getting up at night to go to the toilet.

Good luck!

• Posted

Which pad do you like , I like wearing the diapers at night and pads in the morning so I think I'm only going to get the pad

I think it's going to be the depends

• Posted

I tried Depend underwear which has a high absorption capacity and also tried Tena level 3 pads.

I felt better with Tena because it seemed more comfortable than a diaper or Depend underwear. But everyone will have their own preference. Whatever you do KEEP adequate supply of diapers of pad. You don't want to run out of them or you'll be a hostage in your own home.

• Posted

When wearing pads for incontinence shuld the penis be placed up or down getting a lot of leakage is running off to the side of pad thinking about a jock strap

Seems like it works good not trying be funny i just don't know going though a lot pads 12 pads in one day because once they get heavy i like changing them when they gey heavy it seem that the is not making good support with the jockey shorts any help would be appreciated

I

• Posted

I am not aware of the problem you mention but wonder if you can get higher absorbing pads and perhaps smaller pads which would fit tighter.

As to how the one is is placed, I place it down.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.