Chronic Abdominal Pain with newly diagnosed Constipation (linked?)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been having pain on upper right stomach protruding to back and shoulders for 3 years now.

Doesn't matter what I eat or drink it seems, tried gluten free etc, even a glass of water in the morning hurts so much. The pain is all day, but intensifies when I eat, getting 3-4 hours of sleep a night and at final straw now as I can't go on like this

Been to GP so many times and hospital visits were they send me home with some basic painkillers

I need help and there seems to be a lot of people on here with similar conditions

In medical record says slight pancreatitis, been tested H Pylori with a gastric biopsy

My stomach feels like a gnawing rolling sensation in evenings and throughout the night

Fed up of this and need some help please

New update: after feeling like my stomach was going to explode I checked into A&E and they said I had a sever blockage either bowel blockage or constipation

Just wondering if all of these symptoms can appear just from chronic constipation

Any help would be greatly appreciate

Thanks

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It could be IBS.  However, have your gallbladder checked since you have shoulder and right sided pain.
    • Posted

I've tried gluten and lactose free

Even water hurts

My latest x Ray shows fecal impactation but surely this wasn't the pain for all 3 years?

• Posted

I'm afraid that I can't offer much help since I've had pain in both sides for over four years now.  And lately a lot in my lower back.  At least it hasn't proved fatal.  Got tired of doctors and tests that nearly drove me crazy!  Now I'm on anti anxiety meds and use my TENS unit for the pain!

• Posted

What is a tens unit

At this point I just need pain relief

Any advice please nothing over counter works

• Posted

TENS stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation.  I had friends that used this method of pain control long before they convinced me to try it. The device delivers electronic pulses to the nerves and helps control the pain.  Believe me, it really works!  Look it up on the Internet.  Was just using mine an hour ago.
    • Posted

Ok will try it

I'm going to gp tomorrow what can I say to push the point of how much pain I am in

I just need someone to help me

• Posted

My pain was well documented through doctor visits so they wrote me a prescription for the device.  You can get them without a prescription but from what I've seen, those are not as effective as what you can get through a doctor.  Really, I swear by mine!

• Posted

Does it work for abdominal pains, cramping and such
    • Posted

I can't see it working on your abdomen as well.  My pains are on both sides between my ribs and waist and around to my lower back.  

• Posted

My pain is muscle cramping mainly

Do you think it'll do anything for this

• Posted

I've had seven different diagnoses from doctors who have no idea what it is. But a physical therapist that I went to was sure that it was muscle pain, and I agree.  I had a very bad habit of hauling heavy things off the beach.  A TENS unit seems to work quite well on muscle pain.

• Posted

I have a similar situation-- I have constant pain all day and all night for the past 6 months.  I also have 24/7 bloated/ distended abdomen.  I have been convinced all along I am dying from a disease but have had work up after work up and nothing has been found.  I am 27 and coming to terms with the fact that my life will probably never be the same again.  The pain is dull and in my lower epigastric reason where my stomach is.  I had two endoscopies and they found a healing ulcer.  

Perhaps we both have a motility disorder?  If your doctors found a severe blockage perhaps there is a moliity problem?  what is the follow up to check the cause for the blockage?

• Posted

My gastro doctor appointment today was cancelled as he was called into surgery, have you had an update, I'm desperate for advice

• Posted

Anyone else please offer some help I can't go on like this anymore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.