Does anyone else get migraines?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I get them right when j wake up sometimes someone help

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi 

yes I experience them in a morning too.... Sometimes they wake me up cause of the pain... It's not often I get a day off from a headache. 😢

• Posted

Hi there, its worse than migraine, but when yo have your decompression done, you will be free with all of your pain. With mine, the longer I leave it the worse it became, so, surgery was the right thing to do.
  • Posted

I had a constant headache for over a year before they diagnosed chiari. I had my surgery in may of this year, I have good days and then bad days. It can come out of no where. I have a headache, then I get a tingling in my face. It turns into stroke like symptoms with facial drooping and slurred speech. The nuerologist calls it complex migraine. I had botox 2 months ago (31 shots all over your head). Since then I still get the headaches, but without the stroke like symptoms. When the botox starts to where off the more frequent the stroke like symptoms become. The headaches are less intense since the surgery, but i think this is just something I have to live with. Very frustrating at times.
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with chiari and chronic migraine earlier this year. My neurologist thought my symptoms were due to the migraines not the Chiari. Amitriptyline helped for awhile. My doctor recommended botox injections. I had them in October, initially I thought it was not helping but after three weeks it kicked in. It has been wonderful, most of my symptoms ( headache, dizziness, facial tingling, neck pain etc have improved) I will need another series of injections in January.
    • Posted

That is good- surgery it said should be the last choice if you can get help with others or not invasion surgery - however my NS told me that the longer I leave the worse that I could be, as the botox or other medicaiton is not curing they are only managing it - the herniation still on
  • Posted

Yes before I had my decompression surgery I had cluster migraines for weeks on end, in the middle of the night, so unable to take medication, I woke with the pain. It got so bad my immunity was so low due to sleep deprivation I contracted pneumonia last year.

Since have my operation in July 2016 I've had the beginnings of a couple but I've been able to take medication and avoid a full blow migraine. But the las few months I've had none, life is good.

• Posted

Should really take it easy you only just recovering - some patients start enjoying their normal life to easy, our condition will never make us normal - its just having our life back but still under T&C...we have to accept it the situation - so the sooner people realising what really happen to them, the better and the less stress they become.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.