Continuing health care

Posted , 3 users are following.

We have ben asked to a meeting with CCG  the social worker has put mum forward for continuing health care when she leaves hospital. I have been asked to do a written statement to present at the meeting about my mums vascular dementia but I dont know what to write.  I am not clinically trained & but I dont want to write something that will prevent my mum getting this help ~ does anyone have any advise.  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Could your doctor inform you or failing that contact Alzheimer's Society they would guide you. Best of luck.

• Posted

Hi Angela.

I would write as much as you can about your mum. From the basic name.dob.religlion and so on. Write down her medical history and medication she is currently on. Write down a detailed (not summary) information on what she can do and what she cant do. The problem areas which you/carers find hard. Write about her likes and dislikes. Her continence situation. And her mobility. Equipment you need. Write it in sections so you don't anything.then rewrite it. As long has you have your notes at the meeting you can look at them as you are talking. Its impossible to remember it all.you dont need to be clinical minded. Say it has it is. Explain the help you think she may need such as mornings.lunch and evenings, maybe social care.

You will get alot of support from your social worker.she will help you both.

Good luck. You will be fine.

Emma

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.