Tibolone 2.5

Posted , 7 users are following.

Have been prescribed this yesterday can someone tell me is it any good ????? I'm nervous about taking it but feel I need something as I have all my symptoms returned. My periods stopped at 42 and I'm now 55 but feel awful hot flushes returned not sleeping well and severe mood swings. Can somebody tell me will this help??

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Angela - YES Tiberlone will help you. IT is just wonderful and you will very soon be so much better.

I too am 55 and really hit rock bottom before biting the bullet and starting Tiberlone. 

TIs expensive but claim it back from health fund so all good there.

Did have a heavy bleed about 3 months in so had to stop for investigation and whoa did the symptoms hit me again. Was go glad to get back on it to once again rapidly improve.

Sadness, anxiety, hot flushes, achy joints, loss of libido all gone really is a wonder drug and love that it is not derived from horse urine.

Keep us posted Angela, feel free to message me?

Warm wishes,

Loui x

• Posted

how long did it take to become effective im still suffering joint aches 3 months in
    • Posted

KIcked in quickly for me Cec, did Pilates for my joint aches - also lots of sardines, greens and fish oil.

loui x

• Posted

yeah im thinking back to gym pilates after boxing day lol . I love greens but not sardines ahah i might get some fish oil too. My vitamin d was down but now coming up

• Posted

I hope it's as good for me as I'm v apprehensive about it all but just can't go on feeling this awful. Thanks for taking the time to reply xc

• Posted

I did take this medication for  16 YEARS fantastric for me,   you can take HALF a tablet a day  still works -- give it a go  ( I am 72 and the only reason I* am not taking it is breast cancer this year agressive  fast growing found early and it was suggested I no longer take it?) good for your sex life and you feel like a normal human being again-- good luck   wendy

• Posted

Sorry to read this Wendy, hope you make a speedy recovery.

Warmly,

Loui x

• Posted

Hi Wendy just wondering if you had family history of breast ca smile Cec

• Posted

Hi Angela, I have been taking this for 5 weeks. First two weeks weren't great but since then have had big improvements. I am in surgical menopause after hysterectomy and ovary removal 18 months ago and really struggled with lots of other hrts.

Flushes weren't my worst symptom but I have heard that it's excellent for that.

I would definitely give it a go. I was worried about the mood side of things as I don't tolerate progesterone and this has progesterone effects but I have been pleasantly surprised.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi I have just started tibolone as well though peri menopause and take half a tablet early days as I had it for 10 days so far. I suffer from low mood, pms and anxiety. Hope it works for us. Thanks everyone for giving some hope.
    • Posted

Pam. It def sounds good from the feedback so let's hope in 2 months time we will be new women!!

• Posted

Hi angela

Just wanting to know how you are feeling. I have had half a tablet for 3 weeks but not much improvement especially with nausea and anxiety still there. I cannot figure out if nausea and anxiety have got any better or just remained the same with it.  especially in week 3 I have felt more of it along with periods and body aches. 

• Posted

Pam. I came of it as I had more hot flushes than when I started and aches and pains but worse if all my sleeping was appalling !!!!
    • Posted

sorry to hear that angela. I am also struggling with it at the moment. Nausea so bad, gastro a big issue chest pain spotting this all kicked in week 3. so what are you planning to do
    • Posted

I came of them Pam and I actually feel better thank goodness do you know of any natural remedies that could help????
    • Posted

i might too. i take activated vit B vit D and magnesium as well. I did visit natropath but got a bit lost with taking tibilone. are you peri or post menopausal. maybe going natural is the way to go for us. I will discuss this with gynae i visit next week. I want to try accupuncture for anxiety as well. Diet will become part of our life watching what goes in as IBS issues are big for me as well.
    • Posted

Pam I'm post now for 13 years but probably feel worse than I ever did to be honest. Let me know what they say Pam. Hope we both get going again lol x

• Posted

Oh no - so sorry to read your post Angela, cant believe you were worse with Tiberlonesad Hope a more effective solution is found fast for you?

Try to stay busy and always exercise as much as you can.

Thinking of you,

Loui x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.