Chest pain for 6months, please help.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm 25 years old and I was sick for couple months already, which I have tightness around my neck at first, but then it started to move to my chest, and I'm frightened that something serious is happening to me.

Here are the symptoms:

Talking difficulty

Pressure around my neck(which caused the talking difficulty)

Pressure/pain / heaviness behind sternum

Pressure in my left chest

Always tired

Dizziness

Regurgitation

The weird part is the pressure only happens one spot at a time, which it feels like the pressure is moving around from my throat, then my sternum, and my left chest( which is right under the collarbone).

Tests I have done so far:

Xray(which came back clear)

Nose throat endoscopy(came back clear as well)

The doctors said it is caused by anxiety /upper respiratorya infection, but they doubt it is hers because I feel better when I lie down and taking hot shower.

Meds I'm currently on:

Gaviscon advance

Tylenol

Omeprazole

Some kind of inflammatory Meds

None of the medication actually relieves my symptoms and I'm scared I'm going to die.

What should I do?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Omeprazole and Gaviscon is what started my symptoms
    • Posted

You had similar symptoms? Because I think I wasn't that serious until taking more and more Meds from the doctor. I tried and stopped everything but doesn't seem to feel better.

• Posted

I have stopped for a month now and I am still not feeling 100% better. My mom also complains of chest pain/tightness when taking Omeprazole. I had the tightness and pressure around my chest and neck now I only have the occasional chest pain and dizziness. I did not have trouble speaking. Please consider stopping the medication as it states that it should only be used for 2 weeks. This medication can cause Tachycardia and blood clots in rare cases and you might be allergic to it. Difficulty in speaking is not a normal side effect, get a second opinion.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.