I am experiencing bladder leakage while working as a window cleaner I wear a pad during the day I am

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am a professional window cleaner I am 55 yrs old I have been wearing a pad during the day and a nappy at night the nappy gives me the most protection but it is too bulky and obvious to wear while working after two or three hours the pad can become heavy and uncomfortable and my work rate slows dramatically it is not always easy or practical to discreetly change my pad I wish I could find something that could last longer whilst remaining discreet as it becomes a very long and difficult day it affects my confidence

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HI Phillip 23

Have you tried a penile clamp such as Dribblestop? This is perfect for shorter peperiods of wear and we are told by male users that it is comfortable, effective, and no bulky pads.

Hope this helps

Stephanie

• Posted

Phillip,  I would look into an external catheter.  I have terrible leakage caused by a botched GL laser procedure on my prostate in March of 2016.  If I just use a pad (heavy duty Depends), they will saturate within an hour.   I'm now using Coloplast Freedom clear condom catheters, along with a Hollister leg bag that fits below the knee and ankle. A soft and flexible tube made by Hollister connects between the bag and the condom catheter.   I find that this arrangement is many many times more comfortable to me than Pullups and Pads.  I do have to us a prep spray before putting on the catheter, or else it can be very difficult to remove the catheter.

The Hollister bag and tubes are both soft, and with the excellent leg straps they supply, they are easy to live with.  I often have mine on for 12-14 hours at a time.  I do use the Depends pullup at night as one or two will get me through the night.

• Posted

Hi Philip 23, I have urge incontinence and dribbling and use nappies and wear them 24/7 but I also wear plastic pants with them. The plastic pants hold the nappies up and in place so there is no problem. I am a kitchen fitter and can go nearly all day without a change but when I do need to change during the working day I manage to find a way. I hope this help.
  • Posted

I saw a post on this forum from James 17316, which he says that he wears a condom catheter. It is called a Coloplat clear condom without aloe in the adhesive. He said he can go for 14 to 16 hours without empting it. It fits under your long pants and it somehow attached to your ankle

From what I have heard about, you empty it by entering a toilet stammered and no one is aware that you are wearing it or you are empting it.

Another person told me to get a Uriclak penile clamp

But since I don't leak alot anymore because I drink less than 32 ounces of water per day, because I am on dialysis

I thought this device may help you in the long run.

I leak throughout the day and night. but I use some padding to collect my leakage.

It is only a suggestion but I hope this may solve your problem

Good luck

• Posted

That actually sounds like a post I made about 5 months ago.  Scroll up to see the post in this thread.  Or, I will just copy and paste it here:

"Phillip,  I would look into an external catheter.  I have terrible leakage caused by a botched GL laser procedure on my prostate in March of 2016.  If I just use a pad (heavy duty Depends), they will saturate within an hour.   I'm now using Coloplast Freedom clear condom catheters, along with a Hollister leg bag that fits below the knee and ankle. A soft and flexible tube made by Hollister connects between the bag and the condom catheter.   I find that this arrangement is many many times more comfortable to me than Pullups and Pads.  I do have to us a prep spray before putting on the catheter, or else it can be very difficult to remove the catheter.

The Hollister bag and tubes are both soft, and with the excellent leg straps they supply, they are easy to live with.  I often have mine on for 12-14 hours at a time.  I do use the Depends pullup at night as one or two will get me through the night."

• Posted

You are correct. You did mention a condom catheter with a Hollister bag and tube for your leakage problem. But then I discovered you had a artificial sphincter.called a AMS 800. put in as did another person on this forum william81563.

Maybe you can explain if it has helped you from leaking less.

I never heard of this device. Is it done in the US or in the UK.

• Posted

John,

I made the last post in this thread and you replied to phillip23.  I am the one who recommended the condom catheter.  Also, phillip23 made one post and possibly hasn't read any of these replys.  (I am also the person hoping to have the AMS 800 implanted, but have had stricture problems delaying that.  It's scheduled to be don in 20 days, here in the US (in NC to be exact).

I would add, a penile clamp would NOT be a good device for someone working all day.  They are recommend for only an hour or two at a time.  And, they can be uncomfortable.  They also have the risk of leading the development of rethral diverticulum.

• Posted

Typo:  replies, not replys.  I know better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.