Will the night sweats go away on Paxil/ Paroxetine?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on Paroxetine 10mg for 17 days now. I take it at night before bed with 25mg of Seroquel for sleep. I wake up super sweaty all night, cold and shivering. Have to change clothes and wake up cold and wet again. Not good sleep and not fun. Will this go away? Has anyone else had experience with it? I like the mediation other than the night sweats

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jeremy,

17 days is not enough time for our bodies to fully adapt to paroxetine. Give yourself between 4 and 6 weeks and the side effects will go away. Sweating is not unusual with this drug. However, given enough time, you should see that paroxetine actually improves your sleep quality. The only side-effect that is more persistent are the vivid dreams, which will stay with you until the last pill.

• Posted

Thanks John, Ill stick it out then I guess and see if they go away in time. 
  • Posted

Sorry to say this Jeremy but I doubt those side effects will go away even with time.  Understand that you are taking two powerful potent drugs, the paxil and the seroquel.  There are a multitude of adverse side effects on both drugs....and compounding of taking two or more drugs is going to be problematic with regards to the side effects.....I this from many years of experience with medication drug taking . It's just a fact of life that all drugs are  going to have adverse side effects that are troubling and difficult to live with.  

• Posted

Hi Jeremy,

Night sweats are a side effect from paxil. you can google paxil night sweats side effects and it comes up on the list. You should check with your doctor to see  how long this side effect should go on.I hope you feel better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.