Multiple joints pain for about 7 months no diagnosis all blood tests come back clear

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have chronic pain in pretty much every joint since this started I have got severe fatigue. The pain makes movement very limited and I find it very hard to do certain things, this has lead to a replace mentally and l know have fallen back into depression and my anxiety has gotten much worse.

I've had blood tests for literally everything which have all came back normal. I have started physio, as of now have had one sessions and have to do a few exercises everyday. If anyone has anything to suggest that may help then please don't hesitate to do so

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi hannah2802

Have you had an ESR blood test...Erythrocite Sedimentation Rate blood test?... that tests for inflammation in the body

• Posted

Yes I have, I have also been naproxen (500mg anti-inflammitory) which didn't help with the pain at all and there's no swelling in any of joints so there's no inflammation

• Posted

Hi hannah2802

Well that is a good thing you have no inflammation going on!!....have you had your B12 tested...if it is low you can experience the symptoms you are describing...if you haven't had it tested ask your doc for a test...i do hope you get an answer Hannah not much fun to be in pain and I wish you well with your GCSES....

• Posted

Hi hannah2802

It is tested the same way as all blood test when blood is taken from you and tested..it is called a serum B12 blood test..under the Freedom of Information Act

you can request to see a print out of your blood tests..if you are a UK resident...this happened to me when i checked the print out my B12 were very very low..i had a course of B12 injections and im fine now....docs sometimes omit to tell you or they dont even check.....hope you can get to see your blood results and sort things out.....best wishes...

• Posted

Hi Hannah

Just to say i presented with symptoms similar to yours...aching all over muscles and joints, extreme fatigue, lack of brain clarity (B12 important for neurons in the brain) poor memory, very weak...you can however, take B12 complex tabs to keep your B12 levels up...from the pharmacy....but check your blood results anyway..B12 is absorbed by eating eggs, yogurt, milk, fish, legumes there is none in fruit and veg..what is your diet like?? B12 is not toxic and you cannot overdose with B12 any surplus in the body with be excreted by the urine...or stored in the liver......it is an extremely important vitamin along with the other b vits for our wellbeing...best wishes...

• Posted

Aww right thankyou! I will mention at my next Hospital appointment and see what they say, you've been very helpful!

• Posted

Hi Hannah

You are very young indeed to have Polymyalgia Rheumatica or PMR this usually occurs in older people.....some autoimmune diseases can develop in the young but I am sure your doctor or rheumatologist would have picled up anything of an inflammatory nature if you have had an ESR blood test an Eythrocite Sedimentation Rate blood test have you had this test??

• Posted

Yes I think I have, I had 3 lots of bloods requested by the GP and another 3 lots that where requested by the doctor at the hospital because she wanted to make sure that everything has been covered. I'm not if it's the right thing but she did say that something that is always high in people with rheumatoid arthritis was slightly high but not worringly high. So really all the blood tests have came back normal which I suppose is good because hopefully it means there's nothing to serious going on ( that's what they're trying to tell me anyway rolleyes) but also rather frustrating. I'm still going to appointments and hopefully will come out with an answer at some point but I'll make sure I keep you all posted

• Posted

Hi Hannah

Yes, that it is good that your blood tests have come back normal, but do check if your B12 levels were tested .. ...hear from you soon with good news hopefully..🤗👍

• Posted

Sorry for only just getting back with an update! Unfortunately I'm still no better if anything over the past couple of months my pains got worse, I'm now coming up to the year mark and I've started physio and I'm doing grades exercise therapy to try and help my pain, fatigue and build my muscles up again. I'm not to convinced this is actually doing anything however I do go on the Friday coming so hopefully will get some positive feedback.

I'm also of to the hospital to the see the doctor on the 8th and they still have come no closer to any kind of diagnosis and they do less every time I go (they're pretty much giving up) I haven't even been for 4 months I've been taken off all painkillers so well I wish it was more of a positive update on where I am but unfortunately not sad(

• Posted

Gosh, you are having a hard time! I do not know how to help you, but I do want to send a hug your way. My best wishes are heading your way. I admire your courage and I do know about pain and it just messes up everything. 🕊??🌷🎄??

• Posted

Aww thankyou!! 🙈🙈 I'm also currently in my GCSES year which is just being made harder but I'll get through it. You've really boosted my mood. I hope you're okay with your pain always here if you need a chat

• Posted

Sorry for only just getting back with an update! Unfortunately I'm still no better if anything over the past couple of months my pains got worse, I'm now coming up to the year mark and I've started physio and I'm doing grades exercise therapy to try and help my pain, fatigue and build my muscles up again. I'm not to convinced this is actually doing anything however I do go on the Friday coming so hopefully will get some positive feedback.

I'm also of to the hospital to the see the doctor on the 8th and they still have come no closer to any kind of diagnosis and they do less every time I go (they're pretty much giving up) I haven't even been for 4 months I've been taken off all painkillers so well I wish it was more of a positive update on where I am but unfortunately not sad

• Posted

This just stinks!! Today I read a note on this site that artificial sweeteners were culprits for pain. Also, my husband was on statins and he ached all over and was presenting as a man in his 90's. Could you be on any kind of meds or foods that might cause you these issues. At one time my drink was Scotch(alcohol) had swollen joints and felt awful! Figured I had artritus! Not so, was allergic to scotch!! So, anything can be the culprit. Keep a log if you think it might help you to figure if a allergy could be involved. S in statins for my husband and also a neighbor there symptoms were just horrible and who knew it was the darn meds!! So, keep an open mind and darn if you don't have to fighr with the Drs. Too sad and so very wrong.  Am sending best wishes your way. This is such a trying undertaking and those of us who have these issues know what you are up against. Hugs! 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.