Scared that I've only 19 7.5mg Zopiclone to get me over the Christmas period

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello everyone

I've just joined this morning as I'm in a real state! Youl notice I said I had 19?

I realise that's quite a lot and should last me until my next batch arrives (via internet) but the problem is wen I'm not at work I really can't resist taking one for an afternoon nap

I used to be able to sleep with no problem but I can't remember the last time I fell asleep naturally

I have been on zopiclone for 3 years now and it seems to run my life

It's great as in it works and I do get about 4 hours sleep at night then wen I wake I take another and get 2 more hours

But do any of you feel so anxious that my stomach is in knots wen you know you have a low supply?

Feel so guilty too the kids are still asleep in there rooms looking forward to Christmas and I'm a nervous wreck worrying about tablets!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Couldnt u cut ur afternoon one to half and ur during the night one to half that should cut ur consumption down i also take nytol along with zopiclone as i dont sleep well in 1 but it relaxes me so i take half a zop and a nytol to sleep hope this helps
  • Posted

Hi Mark.

i also take one 7.5mg Zopiclone at night.

But I also take a half tablet of Phenergan which is a antihistamine.

they are a travel sickness drug, but are also recommended for sleeping.

they make me feel very hungover the next day if I take a whole tablet and a zop.  

You can only buy them over the counter in boots, not of the shelf.

try as I do, take one and one of each, and see how you get on.

good luck.

• Posted

Thanks Vivien

yes i was taking phenergan funnily enough and was feeling very tired the next day. But half a tablet sounds like a good idea thank you!!

• Posted

Hello Mark. I was on zopliclone as well and also oxicodine for years and they too were controlling my life. The OXY almost did me in and at the lowest time of my life, I was contiplating suicide. It was at this time of my life that I turned my life to Jesus, prayed for some form of assistance in my time of need and my prayers were answered. I made a promise to Jesus that I would be pill addiction free by year end. I quit Oxi on July 31 of this year and then  2 months later I quit Zopliclone . Both times I quit cold turkey with no withdrawal program. Mark , your wondering how I did it. Well I didn't do it alone. You are probably going to think this is weird but the night I was going to end it all, I felt somebody's hand on my shoulder and when that occurred, the withdrawals I was going through seem to lesson and at that moment,I got up , went to bed and was able to sleep. The next morning, still really sick, I knew that I made it through the toughest day in my entire life. I knew every day there after was going to be easier and I wasn't alone in my struggle. Make, you have so much to be thankful for. You have children that love you, a family that depends on you. Focus on the things that mean the world to you. Keep these things in your mind every day and I can assure you , you will find yourself becoming less dependant on drugs and more focused on life. Tom is the birth of our saviour , get up on Christmas Day with your children and wife if you are married and give thanks for everything you have in life. Spend the day with family and friends Nd start to live life to the fullest. I want to wish you and yours happy holidays and a wish that your New Year is full of happiness, laughter, health, and a year of your new beginning, being you again

god bless

Karl

• Posted

A lovely and encouraging message Karl. It's given me a lift too. Thank you xx

• Posted

U r welcome. You have a wonderful time during the holidays and the very best in the New year
    • Posted

Thanks Karl and may I wish everyone a very happy Christmas and a healthier 2017. 🌲🌲

• Posted

Yeah thats a nice reply for mark. Hope everyone has a good christmas
  • Posted

Hey i am in almost the exact same scenario. Have some comfort and know you are not alone. Relax you will get some again soon once christmas is over

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.