Constant Sore Throat After Neurontin Use

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was taking Neurontin 100 mg twice a day for about 2 years.I suddenly started to get a sore throat constantly and have read that a possible side effect of Neurontin is viral sore throats.I stopped the neurontin about 5 months ago and I am still getting the sore throats constantly.Has anyone experienced this after taking Neurontin.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking any other medications? Why were you originally prescribed Neurontin?
    • Posted

The only other medication that I take every day is protonic 40 mg and Diazide for blood pressure.I was given Neurontin for pain in neck and numbness and tingling in arm's. I have since had a 3 level fusion in neck L4-5,L5-6,L6-7 about 3 month's ago, and am still wearing a BGS 4 hours a day.Thanks for the reply.

• Posted

Plushly sorry I ment to put C4-5,C5-6,C6-7.
    • Posted

Sore throat is listed as a possible side effect of Protonix; have you considered that as a possibility? I don't know why you take it, but given that it is prescribed for several esophageal related conditions, has this avenue been ruled out?

• Posted

Plushly thanks I have naver cosidered the side effects of Protonix.I have been taking it for acid reflux and can take something else.Thanks for taking the time to respond you have been a great help.
  • Posted

Yes

Have been off since 7/18/16 after a month of on and still have sore throats and allergy symptoms I've never had before

• Posted

Do you still have the sore throats.I still have my sore throats after 1 year.
    • Posted

this is weird..i took 100 mg for 4 days got so sick with severe chest pain, sore throat, headaches, dizzyness and went off 12 days now sore throat turning into a cough at the back of my throat and still bad tummy severe chest pains headaches getting better....sore throat and cough getting worse not better.....
  • Posted

i ended up with lots of side effects but a sore throat and tummy and my gastroenterologist said because the drug affects your central nervous system and nerves it can affect the nerves in your throat and stomach...lots of articles i have read here say people have real stomach problems long after they stopped....of course the doc doesnt believe me!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.