Chronic insomnia, headaches, chest tightness.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I can't sleep at all without sleeping pill. Chronic headaches all day long. Also chest discomfort, pressure, and tightness intermittently. What could be causing this? Ive lost a year of my life to this, suffering almost daily. Really tough for me and family. Please help. -Adam

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Adam you need to see if you can arrange an appointment with a SLEEP CLINIC. They will look into your problem and will work out coping techniques so you can move on.

What treatments have you had

BOB

• Posted

Thanks BOB. I have had three sleep studies. I have apnea on my back, but on my side apnea not really a problem. Last sleep study I slept on my side with a sleeping pill, and stopped breathing 7 times an hour, which they said was acceptable. I have a bipap but don't use as I treat the apnea positionally.  That being said maybe I should wear my oximeter more to see where my O2 is dropping at night.

• Posted

AdamĀ 

Do whatever they suggest to help you sleep, I stop breathing while asleep and it puts my wife in a anxious mood.

Good Luck

BOB

• Posted

Thanks Bob. Unfortunately sleep docs are terrible, in my experience. All they do is give you a cpap or sleep meds. They don't try to treat the root cause of the insomnia.

• Posted

Hi, stress is a contributing factor in ur situation, u stress can cause u to start get migraines, I know how u feel, I'm in same situation as u.

• Posted

Hi Adam,

Your inability to sleep without sleeping pill maybe due to stress. Try to have an appointment with the sychologist or psychiatrist.

For your chest discomfort, pressure and tightness, you should seek the help of medical doctor. The doctor will consider your blood pressure and other laboratory tests like electrocardiogram, echocardiogram, blood tests and others.

Sheery

• Posted

Hi, have u fought about relaxation, it may well help u, sounds like ur suffering from really bad stress levels, try lavender oil n the bath, it may help u. I take pregabalin to prevent my migraines and it has worked really well to its full effect, speak to ur gp and see if he/she can prescribe it for u.
  • Posted

I haven't been able to connect stress to my symptoms. Some days not so bad, some days really bad, with same stressors, which there are really none. Xanax doesn't help and makes me tired. Tried Zoloft and Prozac to no avail. Have also tried relaxation techniques. Seems like a physical issue. I have had the million dollar workup. The only thing they have found is autoimmune thyroid hashimotos. Maybe low aldosterone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.