Lexipro help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was on prozac for ptsd and servere anxiety it didn't work. I'm now on lexipro. 3 weeks on 10mg and 3weeks on 20mg. Some days are bareable some days have been almost normal but I always get 3 or 4 days where I'm scared all day with anxiety today is is filled with panic and fear. I'm constantly lightheaded and it makes me fear a brain tumour. I've been off work 6 month and need to get back. I'm scared this won't work!!!! I have 2 small children and make myself take them to the park or pools and beach even tho I'm in complete fear of nothing there. I can't drive far I'm scared I'll have a fit or faint while driving (never have had it happen) I always have to be with ppl when i go to the shops or out in public as I have a fear I'll pass out or die and my kids will be alone. What's happening to me? I've been through a rough time with my ex the past 6 years and he was arrested and placed into jail 10 months ago for dv. I should be feeling better now his gone not worse. Will lexipro kick in? After all this time I thought it already would have im scared to death I'll have to try another med,

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

This is normal hollee its depression, in fact this is typical of the healing process on lexipro, one day your ok then the next you feel awful. Try writing a diary this helps by letting you see a pattern of healing, I started by only having one good day per week or two then slowly you start to notice more good days, next thing you know your only having one bad day a week and you will find yourself being able to enjoy life again, let me know how you get on if I can help I will. Best wishes hollee x
    • Posted

Thank you Danny. I do keep a diary now and your right I do get some good days. The lightheaded is what sets my anxiety off lately 6 months trying meds I hope this is the one x
    • Posted

Oh bless you, I feel for you this used to happen to me except with me it was memory loss that instantly spiked my anxiety, it was a horrendous feeling and its a vicious circle that needs meds to break. I would stick with this one for a while if I were you as I do see a lot of similarity between mine and your symptoms, stay strong hun it will get better I promise xx
  • Posted

I am so sorry you are having this anxiety. Have you tried pristiq? I am on 50, that is lowest dosage and 350 extended release lithium. I take it at night. I sleep well. I remember to take it between 7 and 9:00 pm. I had to take lexapro for awhile in conjunction with these two. And I would take 10 ml. Then I started going to Zumba every single day and going yoga. I also started taking vitamin B12 and B6 plus omega 3 oils with DHA. It has done wonders for me. I hope this helps.
    • Posted

Hi Vanessa what's pristiq? And lithium? I'm so scared of meds only that my anxiety is crippling that I take them I can't do yoga as I can't drive with this bad anxiety

• Posted

Yes it has Pam but my psyc has put me up to 30mg I've just started an extra 5mg yesterday so currently at 25mg I'm 75% better I can drive now I started a new job n I go shopping so it helped a lot x

• Posted

It's the general max dose but my psyc said he puts a lot of ppl up to 30mg

• Posted

Thank you Hollee.I am still debating on changing from setraline to lexapro as I have been on 200 mg since Jan 8 and I am still having debilitating anxiety.It keeps me from doing normal every day activities
    • Posted

Well if it's not working I'd give lexapro a try! It's helped a lot of people. Yet drugs don't take it all away you need to work on yourself aswell. I had to put myself in uncomfortable situations to prove nothing will happen the more I drove, Went shopping and got out after I sweated thought I'd die or pass out it never happened n gave me more strength for next time. The more you stop yourself from doing things the more power your giving the anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.