cutting pills

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

​I would like to know if it is possible to cut pill ...for instance cut 1/4 of of the pill in order to withdraw....some people say yes some say no because the amount of each each part is not the same.....i am talking for a benzo that is supposed to be cut in two (there is a line in the middle) ...can I cut into four parts? I am sorry for my english...thanks

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes. Just cut on the line then brake the half in half smile

• Posted

are the amount of the product the same on each part?
    • Posted

Mix 1 with 10 ml of water and use a calpol syringe to take 2.5ml each time for more precise amount if that helps?
  • Posted

Hi Anne,

As someone who has been trying to taper for over a year from 25 yrs of Temazepam, I can speak from experience.  I don't know how many pills or which Benzo you are taking.  But if you're following the suggested diazepam (Vailum) taper, the tablets come in a  2 mg dosage.  I was cutting from the full 2, to 1/2 (1 mg.) to 1/4 (1/2 mg.).  I found it really rough going.  I now have a wonderful doctor who is working with me.  Together we found diazepam liquid.  It will come with a 1 mg syringe where you can measure 10th's of a mg.  So I keep my tablets whole until the tappering program I've chosen takes me to the next level.  I can taper at my own pace, holding at a dosage I know is consistant until I feel stablized. Writing all this, I'm assuming you are located here in the US or somewhere you have access to a pharmacy/doctor who can prescribe and fill this liquid.  BTW... your English is just fine.

• Posted

yes I can have in liquid form for the benzo  but I am already been tapering the z-drug by cutting the quarters, I want to know if the amounts are well dispatched because the doctors say yes, others say no......
    • Posted

Anne I do hope that you are not tapering two drugs at the same time.

This is not a good idea to do.

Wishing you all the best re your taper.

I am over 3 years off my benzo and other drugs. Not my doing by the way.

• Posted

my doctor told me to taper lormetazepam (not lorazepam , I made a mistake) it is z drug and prazepam (like valium for the long half life), I have diminished for 1/2 to 1/4 each, it is 10 days now, it is hard....and also lamictal 25mg withdrawal, I know it is hard and the doctors really arent aware...but we did this because I have dizziness issues and we try to withdraw what can worsen the sedation......
    • Posted

Are you saying that you are tapering more than one drug.

I do hope not.

• Posted

yes but if too hard, ill substitute the z drug by the prazepam at the right dose
  • Posted

Doctors don't know but a pharmacist will, however if you want to avoid any nasty or long lasting withdrawals you are always better with a 10% taper using the liquid.

• Posted

i have a lliquid form for one of both, I ll do this
  • Posted

Hi

Yes in my opinion you can but it gets harder the smaller cuts you make.  I had some success with water titration.  Somebody recommended it from this site.  You dissolve tablet then reduce slowly by removing a small amount of liquid every day.  Much easier than cutting lorazepam.  If you google it you will see lots of videos and some excel tables you can use.  Its realy not that hard when you get the hang of it but it is an extra job every day.  Good luck.  You can do it.  

• Posted

thank you Richard, Illhave a look at titration, we must a kit or something , no?

a full job , yes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.