Fainted after 3 cans of Guiness?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ok so i used to be a heavy drinker, but now days i have actually grown to hate the stuff. I noticed last time i drank 3 cans of Guinness i felt quite drunk, so last night i limited myself to three again. I went to go to the toilet and all of a sudden i felt myself clinging to the toilet and trying to stand up. I hit my head on the toilet seat or window sill, but every time i felt like standing up i felt like i was going to be faint, you know the sort of feeling when you see blood in an operation and you faint, or after being punched and concussed sort of thing. It stayed for around two minutes, i just lied down. 

Now i have been taking mens health vitamins and have that cold that everyone has has is blocking up your sinuses, building up pressure in your ears and giving a constant headache if that is to any relevance? 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chefsnade, 

How was your Breathing? Do you sometimes feel any shortness, or did you just feel like you were Drunk. Would be helpful to know what sort of Age you are and if you have any pre-existing Medical problems. It could be any number of things. How long were you a heavy Drinker for, and how much is your Heavy? (My Heavy maybe a Tipsy to you or vice versa), Do you have a general feeling of being run down or tired? smile

• Posted

Breathing/ i think it was a little short and out of breath.

I sometimes feel a little short, but i did feel drunk.

Age 37 years young, have had panic and anxiety and still taking sertraline. 

Heavy Drinker was 8 cans a night for 4 days a week and 1l of vodka when wanted to get drunk.

Generally feeling is relaxed and happy, little stress over christmas as normally expected. Had a cold for the last week or so but thats going. I do tend to have weird sleep patterns only by choice, like will have 4-5 hours sleep then sleep in when off of work. Thanks for your reply, hope this helps. 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply smile. You and I are of the same age, right before I stopped Drinking and had cut right back, I was having similar symptoms as far as the Dizziness, feeling out of Breath and Anxiety like attacks. You could have a number of things which could be caused by exccesive Drinking or otherwise. For me, they were the symptoms of Congestive Heart Failure, which nodoubt was a free gift that came with Heavy Drinking. It could also be Anemia, I which case the Guinnes will be doing you good! smile Dizziness can also be a side effect of your Sertraline, your may want check this out further.   I would deffinatly consult a Doctor. At the least, check your blood pressure and Heart Rate. 

• Posted

Cheers, soory for the late reply. My sertraline has never been a problem when drinking before, only that the next day i'm a wreck. I went to bed that night worried, and as i done the classic read symtoms on the net then felt them i was more worried. Been to my practise today, all seems fine, going back for a ecg. The nurse who looked me said it could have been a once off event or due to a cold. I'll await for the ecg. Happy new year!! 

• Posted

No worries Mate, glad to hear all was well with the once over. Could have been Anxiety, maybe need to Chill for a bit. Have a Great New Year, keep us posted after the ECG. Al
  • Posted

Maybe drank it to fast on empty stomach. Especially when you don't drink as often the body had no time to process the alcohol. The symptoms are typical of a awful nauseous to quick going straight to the brain responding to to much at once!

• Posted

I had something to eat at work, then finished then started drinking. Kind of same as what i would normally do, but i'll be going for a ecg later on next week so will reppost events. 

• Posted

Ok so went for ecg and the nurse said it seems fine and haven't heard anything from the GP so i think it was just a weird one off event!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.