constant heart attack symptoms for days?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Recently turned 18 in September, Female.  have been having heart attack symtpoms for the past 5 days and it seems to be getting worse . Almost Every symptom of a heart attack I have been having. (Arm pain, jaw pain, random chest pains, sometimes back pains, tingling feeling under chin for some reason) and its usually all on left side but itll be one pain that will show up, then that will go away, then something else, then that goes away and repeat. i have been having indigestion all month and went to the hospital on the 4th because I felt my jaw radiating with pain along with indigestion and decided i needed to go and they just did an EKG and said I was fine and made me leave. I am diagnosed with anxiety, depression and borderline personality disorder and I recently had a huge mental breakdown from my borderline personality disorder 5 days ago prior to these symptoms I made this discussion about but I dont think it would be causing this problem to last for so long now if it is bc of my anxiety.. I am not very active at all and I do eat poorly and I know I shouldnt, I have been trying to eat better since this stuff started happening though last month. This is why I am scared that it is really a heart attack. I have a hunchback that gets pretty painful sometimes when I sit so could it be from my ribs or my back? I also was having a runny nose and sneezing alot in November and all this month but it stopped 3 days ago at least the runny nose, have had frequent migraines for past 4 years, have felt tired alot more often past 3 months. Antacids arent working neihter are pain meds.  I am now also having pain in my left ear and my stomach as i type this.. What the hell is going on? I have been having more mental breakdowns in the past 2 months so that could be why but I dont understand why most of this is happening so suddenly. Mom grandma and everyone else says I am faking it and if I go to the hospital my family will probably put me in psych ward for being 'insane', my mom will not even let me see my doctor because "we cant afford the copay of a visit" or sometihng I am scared and I dont know what to do.So what is most likely out of the things ive narrowed it down to.. Heart attack, something with my back, anxiety or  severe indigestion, or anything at the same time?.   I am sorry if this all seems like alot of information and if it doesnt make sense in most places I am feeling very tired right now and please dont just say i am full of crap too like my mom just because I am young, THAT DOESNT HELP just makes me feel Worse.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I sent you a private message.
    • Posted

Paul i wanted to message you back but you turned off messaging. i Have tried every bit of advice you did - thank you for which, by the way! smile - but the pain has still not stopped and unfortunately  has  actually gotten worse since i posted this. During this time i went to my doctor and he said it was costochondritis and im pretty sure it was mainly because he pressed on my boob too hard and it hurt and i ended up telling him that it hurt. But when I press where its hurting it doesnt hurt at all. I have pains now mostly above my left breast and in my left arm and sometimes one of my teeth on left side. Sometimes now my heart thumps. I am scared and don't know what to do. Thank you so much for your previous response in private again. 

• Posted

HiNoodles 738

Well sounds like you have been having a really hard time recently. Also that you feel that no one is listening and taking you seriously. Sounds like the runny nose etc could be a simple virus cold and this could have caused your chest to feel tight and uncomfortable too. If you were swallowing the stuff from your nose this could also have given you a bit of a tummy ache. In addition often after a virus you can get really depressed. This on top of your ongoing psychological problems could easily have sent you into a panic attack, which feels like a heart attack and is very frightening, can come on suddenly, and be quite overwhelming. Don't worry help is at hand you have been physically checked out by a Dr so as they say it is very nearly all in the mind, However, your own body is playing tricks on you. It works like this when you panic or are frightened a whole load of physical stuff happens and it is very real. Frightening and uncomfortable so suddenly a simple virus becomes overwhelming. So what to do about the problem. First trick, ground yourself. Sounds daft I know, think about in turn an animal you adore, a beautiful beach, something you would love to eat. Then concentrate on slowing your breathing down if it's easier count don't rush, breath in for the count of 3 and then out slowly as you can to the count of 5 say, then again, in for 3 out for 6 and again, in for 3 out for seven. After a while you realise that some of your symptoms begin to subside. If you still have a pain in your chest have a good hard cough. Just to make sure there is nothing down there, and incidentally can save your life if you are genuinely having a heart attack. Talk to someone sympathetic, and also if symptoms persist do return to the Dr perhaps some medication to help you feel less frightened is needed but try these tricks first, good luck. And I hope that pesky virus goes away soon. In the mean time eat lots of fruit and veg get plenty of fresh air and sunlight. Keep thinking happy thoughts.x

• Posted

Did all this and unfortunately everythings gotten worse sad I doubt its in my mind at this point which scares me beyond belief and I even try not to think about it at all. I explained whats happening to me now in my response to paul above. I dont know what to do now.

• Posted

Hi just read your response to Paul. I'mglad you went back to the Dr again. I know that Chostocondritis sounds like a load of gobbledegook but it is a genuine condition and yes the cause is viral. Basically the virus gets into the muscles between your ribs it is very painful. However it can be used as a reason when all other possibilities have been checked out. There is another possible explanation if the Doctor has not checked your liver function tests already he needs to as this could also be cholacystitis if gall stones get stuck in the tube between your gall bladder and duodenum the pain is excrutiating especially after a fatty meal it will refer to shoulder. There are other possibilities but this is a likely place to start.Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.