10 days post operation ankle pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

it's the middle of the night doctor not open. I think I may have over done it today. I felt an odd movement I guess it's hard to explain, a few hours later my ankle and foot and up my shin feel like they are on fire. Pain started gradually escalated eased some and reescalated I'm 10 days post operation non weight bearing in a splint stitches are still in. I had a metal plate and 6 screws inserted on the outside side of my left tibia at the bottom of the bone. Is this fire feeling normal? This pain and sensation are giving me anxiety while I wait for open hours.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tiffany really sorry your in pain and sadly its the sort of pain that's scary because you don't know what's causing it and in turn that causes anxiety, I'm hoping by now that you have managed to get an appointment at DR's, he will probably tell you to slow up and rest it, with having it in a splint does this mean you can't ice it, did you take pain relief

• Posted

Thanks. I'm hoping my surgeon tells me it's normal when they do open. Anxiety always makes things worse. Just afraid if coming this far and having a reinjury or screws coming out or infection or something new. I'm not doing well with being down with 4 year old twins, a 10 year old and 13 year old and a husband working night shift you can gather the boredom of just sitting all day long. I think if I did something it's gonna hurt more emotionally

• Posted

I totally understand, you must be really struggling, have you anyone coming in to help, wow non weight bearing is crap, I had it for nearly 4 months, always scared I would do something stupid which I did a couple of times, you need to not worry though as I'm sure he will say its normal, is it swollen at all, I suppose it will be, 10 days is not long though

• Posted

It is swollen but not like right after surgery. My toes and top of my foot no longer swell. Feels like all the swelling is right around my ankle. I have it highly propped because of the pain last I need is to feel my heart beat in it too. Yes lots of help. My husband had 10 days off after my surgery. He's tremendous and an amazing dad. I have a few friends come while he's sleeping for work at night time. My oldest two kids are huge helps and right now feeding at the zoo is cereal. Fruit cups. Lunch meat and cheese, chips hot dogs. Lol. Stuff that the older two can cook easily. I was out and about today for awhile in my car and felt a movement when I sat in my chair afterwards trying to reposition myself.

• Posted

It's the nerves coming back in your foot and no its not comfortable at all. U r probably going too need painkillrerst and.then I use something like aspercreme or lidocaine too calm it down....with that u will feel some comfort

• Posted

I'm still in the splint from after surgery with stitches. I was told not to take it off until I go back on the 3rd.

• Posted

Welcome to the club ...I have been desling with this pain the laSt 5 weeks. It has been driving me crazy. I went.to a neurologist for him too telll me...it will go away but it can take up too 1 more too 5 years. 😲😢...who the hell wants too hear that. Your injury soundso similar too.mine and it is not comfortable at all. I pray everything goes well with u...please keep me informed

• Posted

Thank you. I broke it on roller skates. Go figure. Surgery was relatively quick and an easy procedure. I think because I had skates laced up and laced tight it kept everything aligned. Surgeon agreed this is terrible though. I wish I could take this splint off like I can't even get a look at the area doc said do not remove it until he does right after surgery

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.