Chest pain followed by passing out!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been having the usual physical symptoms related to anxiety as in chest pains, discomfort, etc. Went to doctors multiple times had all heart related tests and nothing shown abnormal.

Ive had symptoms for weeks however last night I had a sharp chest pain (left side/heart area) when I breathed in which lasted for a good 20-30 seconds every time I took a breath, before I collapsed.

Ambulance did basic tests and all was normal for heart rate, blood, etc.

Until this I've assumed it's anxiety however this feels like next level, anyone else had this before?!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have not got anxiety but do have heart problems.In February had chest pain then into neck.Thought must get angina spray then blacked out for fifty to ninety minutes.GP thinks I had another heart attack.Am female so get different symptoms than classical.How long did you black out for?
    • Posted

very very briefly - only a few seconds.

took about 5 minutes to come back around fully.

• Posted

bjack95,

Anytime you have extreme pain never ignore it. I went through 20 years of similar pain and passing out. Doctors diagnosed it from anxiety to fibromyalgia. Still never any relief from constant pain daily surging from the heart ..up the neck to my lower mandible. Hard to breath but EKG, Echocardiagram and many other test never showed the issue. Then a cardiology group said .. let's che k the need to her heart which can run a risk of heart attack while the testing is occurring while under but they found the spasmodic left ventricle nerve....finally after all this time I now get relief daily with a med just for that nerve then more severe issues happen shortly after that which caused a pacemaker/defibrillator to be implanted in 2014. Get a second opinion regardless of test.. .If this pain is hard to ensure and live with ho to a topnotch cardiology group....you deserve to know what's causing your pain and then causes the passing out.....that's serious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.