Elevated Liver Enzymes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. My last two routine blood tests showed elevated liver enzymes. My doctor said he wanted to do more in-depth testing, so she sent me for additional bloodwork. The phlebotomist took 11 vials of blood. Can anyone tell me why so many vials and what type of tests she may be running?

Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had 17 when I saw my hepatologist last year, they test for absolutely everything, including hep and loads more, its the best way to get results, most of mine were clear so try not to worry and wait and see, its for your benefit
    • Posted

Alexandria,

Thank you for the reply. It makes me feel better. I was just alarmed as I thought 11 vials was a lot and I wasn't sure what types of things she may be testing for.

• Posted

With LFTs its probably nothing at all, I was kept on my toes for over 2 years worrying about results all the time, and the only one that stays raised is gamma GT and now they don't even bother doing that one as I'm told it is random and can be normal for you when raised.

• Posted

What were your levels at?
    • Posted

Manny,

Unfortunately, when the nurse called with the results, she didn't go into great detail. She just said the liver enzymes were still elevated and that the doctor wanted to do more in-depth blood work. I should have asked what my levels were, but I didn't.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.