Great result for Macular Degeneration

Posted , 3 users are following.

My mother aged 90 has one eye wet and other eye dry Macular Degeneration she was receiving injections 15 years ago and stop when she started putting 20+ Manuka Honey in her eyes.

She puts the honey in each eye morning and night, the eye has to water and it does sting a little. It will not cure but does appear to have stopped the advancement.

I have tried the honey and found that it enlarges the blood vessels in the eyes maybe this inturn helps stop further damage to the eye?.

I would like to get feedback from anyone prepared to try this and confirm if there is benefit or is my mother just lucky.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, thanks this is very interesting. My mother also has 1 dry and 1 wet eye. She is now blind in the wet one and has partial vision in the dry eye. She had 14 injections in all but they didn't help holt or slow down the deteriation. So I will try this honey. How much honey does she put in each eye? And what does the 20+ mean, is it the strength? 

• Posted

Hi Barbara

This Manuka honey cannot be obtained from a supermarket.

The honey must be Manuka Honey 20+ which is certified honey guaranteed to having antibacterial levels of at least 20+.

A very small drop in the eye enough to make the eye sting and

must make the eye watery. (twice a day Morning and Night)

There are other brands of Certified honeys not only Manuka,

Google Certified honey.

The eye that is blind this will not have any benefit by using the honey as advised by my mother.

Hi Babara

This Manuka honey can not be obtained from a supermarket.

The honey must be Manuka Honey 20+ which is certified honey with guaranted to having antibacterial levels of at least 20+.

A very small drop in the eye enough to make the eye sting and

make the eye watery. (Morning and Night)

There are other brands of Certified honeys not only Manuka,

Google Certified honey.

The eye that is blind this will not have any benift by using the honey as advised by my mother.

• Posted

Hi Stewart, thanks for your reply. I have now googled and found some.

Will let you know how mum gets in with it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.