3 months now off Gabapentin, and I am feeling horrible can the withdrawals get worse.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I don't know what going on.  I took 600 mg for 4 months. I went off too fast. I took 200 for two weeks then I went off. I been off for 3 

months, and I was feeling better everyday. Now I am starting to feel worse. Dizzy light headed, Anxiety, Maybe Paranoid?? weak at times, I lost 5 pounds, not good for me I was low in weight to begin with.  I am testing my house for poison gases to make sure its not in my envoirment. I been on workers comp for 3 years and I am followed alot. I started to look up being poisoned in my house and found something called gang stalking.  It was really scary. My daughter looked up more withdrawals and it said paranoid is one of them. Is anyone eles experiencing this?  I will have the results of my inspection next week.  Hopefully it will calm my fears of anyone trying to hurt me.  No matter what I am a believer in Christ, and I have to pray. God can remove all evil. Whether its a side effect or not. Please let me know what you think.  Help.

Ps I am going to see a neroligist soon as well. Also I will see an ent doctor.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Without sounding rude it sounds like the gaba has given you severe anxiety, which would account for the paranoia. A common side effect is huge amounts of anxiety when coming of gaba. Keep strong and try relax yourself by being aware that it is not your surroundings, just your body reacting to the withdrawal. Look on youtube for breathing exercises to help calm the stress that the gaba has induced, it was the only thing that helped me when i stopped taking gaba and my body went bananas and lumped me with chronic anxiety. The breathing exercises are easy to follow.

Take care!!

• Posted

Hi Tim

Thank you I will do that.  The thing is I am on workers comp and they break into my phone and smashed my window in my car.  I know it was them or what I said a gang type that was sent over me..But if it is just the comp PIs investigating me, they do more damage.  The drama might of push me over..I am doing investigation on my place now.  I can't sleep now, but that did not happen in the beginning.  Do you think side effects get worse or you think its just anxiety.  THanks TIm..Naomi

• Posted

First of all I think you came off of it too fast. Don't be surprised if the neurologist puts you back on 200 mg for a few months.  I have been off of it for 2 months.....and now I fell I am going through some of the withdrawals...exspecially with digestive issues and mild chest pains.....I already had issues with acid reflex and started having problems when i came off then was fine then problems.....this is horrible  But i count myself to be one of the lucky ones..It does take time ...maybe up to a year... i was on 400 mg once a day for 15 months

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.