I know anything containing iron in is a NO NO

or anything that will help

As I feel so low , fatigue has now hit roof level

I need a pick me up . fast

Hate feeling like this all I want to do is curl up in bed & stay there

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Chronic fatigue is a key symptom unfortunately. Avoid multivits with iron of course. The only one I found was via Amazon and an American Vegan multivitamin DEVA which does not contain iron. Not sure it's going to give you an immediate pick me up but it might help longterm. Are you a member of the UK Hemachromatosis Society as their website is informative and their Facebook page often has patients discussing their favoured strategies for coping with fatigue and other issues. Good luck finding something to help. Lisa 

• Posted

Google chronic fatigue syndrome and there will be suggestions that you can try.  Years after being 'de-ironed' and on maintenance, I am still struggling with fatigue, so we do what ever we can do.  We can only try.

• Posted

An idea worth trying is ''Fish oil'' so your basic cod liver oil tablets, something my GP mentioned a while back, and of course any oil based fish foods. So the tinned fish like ''Tuna,Sardines,Mackerel, but only get it either in Brine or sunflower oil. Not the Tomato sauce.

I do know what your going thru with the fatigue too. I got so drained at times i had to crawl to the bathroom.

And the ''Fish oils'' can be a help towards ''Depression,low moods/feelings.

• Posted

My doctors told me to make sure I was taking a B Vitamin Complex to help with the reproduction of new blood cells etc. I have heard others talk specifically about a B-12 vitamin as well. I also drink gaterade after I donate to help with electrolyte replacement. I have found that doing that helps me as well stay strong.

• Posted

But I will add this: every Phleb is different. Some I feel awesome. Others horrible even with what I do above. I wish it was an exact science to it. smile

• Posted

My fatigue let up quite a bit when I gave up sugar.  I never eat processed sugar now, and get my carbs from fruits and sweet potatoes and beets.  I also felt tired if I had a higher sodium day.

Rather than focus on vitamins, you may want to talk to a nutritionist.  I found that I had become highly sensitive to my diet.  I feel great when I am on track and feel so fatigued when I indulge. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.