Connection between food, water and fatigue for me. *Theory*

Posted , 4 users are following.

I notice water and food really improves my condtion *most of the time.* Recent I went to play airsoft but almost didn't go because I didn't feel that good. I woke up a bit tried around 7am. I had a slow and stiff feeling, I notice the axniety kicked in a bit and it forced me to use the restroom several times before I left. I ate a powerbar before I left and when I got there I felt better, as I always do shortly after I eat a powerbar. I am glad I pushed myself because I ended up being OKAY. I was able to walk around and play, no running. I notice the more water I drank during the day the better I felt. It warmed up from 30 degrees to 45. I was wearing 3 layers of clothes and buring up. I became stiff and felt bad, I drank water shortly after and felt better within an hour.

What is the connection with food and water? is it muscle stiffness, or just weak and need food? I just discovered this earlier this year when I had bad nights of insomina and would eat in the middle of the night even when I was not hungry. It would cure my insomina and get me to sleep within an hour. Is it a lack of enzymes in the body?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Lol, couldn't resist, powerbar isn't exactly food...

I use to make a breakfast sandwich with bacon, egg & cheese, easy fast & no extra crap..

Dehydration can exasperate other symptoms, always a great idea to keep hydrated.

Also potassium & magnesium are great to help muscles, being low in these can cause discomfort & even cramps. Bananas are loaded with potassium & a great pick me up.

If you feel bad when you don't eat, check with the Dr. about hypoglycemia.

It is possible that you need more nutritious dinners, maybe keep a food diary to help see if there is a connection.

• Posted

I know powerbar isn't "food" I only use it on the go when I am out or if I need food fast and not feeling well. My potassium is fine, I eat a banna a day for the past year, I worry if I am eating too much. I have been over hypoglycemia with my Dr. I don't have it. I am worried about "shock" after CFS because when I didn't have CFS and worked out all the time I would eat every two hours to three hours on the dot. I consumme about half of what I used to eat.

• Posted

Your metabolism has changed since CFS, eating less makes sense, because you expend less energy.
    • Posted

Morning Ladyliegh;  I feel that you have made statements that are a bit hurtful to Imsolost.  Imsolost has made  a realistic statement/question re the Increased intake of food and water, when feeling exhausted.  She/he states that she knows what "a powerbar" is.  I agree with her that these "extra intakes" could very well be beneficial to all of us, and is giving us her experience in what she finds to work for her; and this is why we are all on this forum.....to find Anything that may assist us to cope better.    Thankyou Imsolost, and yes, I too, will certainly increase my water intake when tired : and I, too, find that when the heat hits me here (In Australia, as it is happening here now), I do need to increase my fluid intake and find foods that have increased carbohydrates,  sugars and minerals/nutrients.                                  Bronsmile

• Posted

In the past two and a half years most of my CFS symtpoms have gone away from the daily attacks.

Things I used to experience on a daily routine.

- tight neck feeling of can't catch my breathe

- mild dizzy here and there

- hairloss 

- attacks that would make me lay out and rest (this is how I found out food helped me, I would just eat laying down.) 

- watery eyes

- extreme thrist

- daily panic attacks

- stuffy and clogged nose (my parents could hear me and even my friends commended when we were together why my nose is blocked and I can't breathe)

- numbness and pain on my face

- numbness in hands, arms and legs

- random sharp pains anywhere on the body

- headaches

- sore back

- bloated stomach from eating anything at any random time(it happened more so when I ate out than eating at home but at home I could still get it. I notice most of the time I ate out it would be ruin by this feeling and it would trigger all the other symtpoms.) 

- tried, weak feeling, heart felt like it wanted to give out, heart palptaions. 

- stiff back, no longer I feel like my back can crack

- triedness

- axniety

- random on set of diarrhea from axniety

- imsomina 

- few other odd things

Now it is random when I have these and most do not even come close to the pain I experieced. I used to experience 7-9/10 pain now its 1-2/10 daily if that. I used to experience 10 or more at once now it's just a few, mostly triedness.

I believe menality plays a part in this, I have pushed myself and gotten further, eating and drinking water really does help. I have experienced and logged this for a while now.

• Posted

Bron, I was gently teasing imsolost about power bars, since younger people I know think it takes the place of meals.

(I happen to disagree, I feel it is snack food)

Too often "food" comes from a drive thru window or preprepared food in the freezer.

So, it is great that imsolost is feeling better by more food & water intake.

Didn't think I disagreed with that.

Whatever works for you is great!

I am here for the same reason as everyone else, to learn & share. Maybe it sounds different coming from me because I have been dealing with it for 30 years.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.