Still Wiped Out 8 Weeks Post Op

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Girls I'm nearly 8 Weeks Post op and still experience aching/brusing feeling in my tummy but it's the exhaustion I can't get my head round I'm shattered!!! I've started driving a little and that still hurts a bit :-( all healed on the outside great 👍 hubby keeps telling me to get used to resting it's a long recovery xx

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Karen, 3 years ago I had an oephectomy. I had open surgery and had the same sort of pain and discomfort and it takes quite a while. I still can't put pressure on my stomach as it hurts but you kinda get used to it. I have the joys of another operation in 3 weeks.

• Posted

HI Karen. I'm nearly 7 weeks post op and like you am healed fine on the outside now but still very tender on the inside and feeling very achy and sore. But I'm so tired as well. I was putting it down to all the weeks of sitting around waiting to get better and even feeling a bit guilty about being so tired still, but its hard to know what's normal... Glad you posted so I know its not just me.  J x 

• Posted

Awe we aren't on our own then :-) I really struggle to get up some days xx

• Posted

Me too and it then it takes me hours to get going. Then after an hour or so I'm feeling absolutely shattered again. And back to work on Thursday - dreading it. Its an hours drive each way.  I hope your feeling better soon :-) x

• Posted

Oh no you shouldn't go back to work Hun can't you have a few more weeks off that's what I'm going to do! You sound exactly the same as me :-) I can't imagine going back to work yet :-( xx

• Posted

I wouldnt dare suggest it ... I'll see how I go though, I'm seeing the surgeon on the 9th so I'll see what he says. It really knocks you for seven doesnt it? I was so busy concentrating on the wound cos I could see that, I only started really feeling it all when the wound had healed. xx

• Posted

Same here still feels weird to touch :-( I've done a dinner today and been in bed since 8pm probably won't get up while 10ish then around 11 be back on the settee :-( xx

• Posted

Well, I went back to work today - I have never experienced tiredness like it! And I ache all over :-(

How are you feeling Karen? xx 

• Posted

Hi Jenny

I don't know how the hell you have been back to work bless you :-( I've hardly done s thing today, bloated, brusing pain and that shattered I can't even be bothered to grab a bath lol

Jeez!! It's wiping us out.... I keep hoping I will feel better each day I wake up! I'm such an active person who loves to excersise and I'm normally as busy as a bee! I ain't worn makeup for weeks now what's happening to me... I have to laugh or I will cry xx

• Posted

J3sus I dont know myself how I did it - I was fit to cry by about 1pm and not an ounce of concern around me. I nearly had a little sleep on the heated seats of the car before driving home :-)

I feel like my whole pelvis is aching - back and front. 

Today's the first time I've worn a scrap of make up too.

It can only improve! xx

• Posted

I went back to work after 8 wks. Too soon. Doc took me back out 4 another 30 DYS. My job put me on probation when I returned. Says I should b 100. They don't understand. Short term disability claim denied. Ran out of sick & vacation days, no pay 4 month & half. Even though I had doc excuse. Healing takes a long time.

• Posted

Oh dear hope you feel better soon I'm coming up to the 10 week mark and feel no better than 6 weeks! Supposed to go back to work in a few weeks I can't see it! It's so frustrating and I don't think my mental state is helping dealing with the menopause I feel low, angry and anxious 😩 want to be myself :-( x

• Posted

Hi karen,

I am 11 mths post op. It is normal of experiencing exhaustion or getting tired easily after hysterectomy. Our body is recovering from an operation. During op., our muscle and abdominal ligament has been severed to remove uterus. Imagine if you sprained your ankle ... you will definitely put more strength or effort to move around. Now with your uterus gone and severed ligament, your body need more strength to move and as such, you get exhausted fast .

It may take awhile to recover. For me, it takes months. Hope you get well soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.