Heart rate question..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I was wondering how high does the heart rate usually go with PE?

I had a stabbing pain in my upper inner thigh/groin area earlier for a little bit and I know PE's deal with leg pain. It also felt warm. It's fine now though.

I have inappropriate sinus tachycardia (usually 90-100 HBP, sometimes over 100 HBP) so I was worried. I'm also a bit of a hypochondriac I'll admit. I don't have any breathing problems/shortness of breath either. Just a little paranoid because I know my uncle has dealt with this. I can't ask him about it though because he's deaf.

Input helps, thank you all.!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

dunno about heart rate, but if your heart changed shape, the result would be tissue stress, possible minor tissure tear/rupture and total exhaustion, as the worry and physical effort in pumping blood with enlarged/collapsed chambers is stressfull and can lead to anxiety, pains, sensations in left arm/hand, neck, vagus nerve signalling, affecting other systems, such as endocrine and appetite

It is worse than tennis elbow or a torn bicep, you can stop playing sports and housework, activity etc.., but it's really important to have a regular pulse and consitant bloodpressure througout the day, week and months, whilst having PE, and life with PE. Any extreme BP/lifestyle fluctuations could be deadly or stop you in your tracks for weeks, months or days.

• Posted

See, that's the hard part. With me my heart rate was good, I had no pain, I was just short of breath not gasping for air, and the pressure I felt in my chest was vague. But the clot had already made it to my lung and had settled in. Dr said I was blessed. The only reason I went to the ER was because I didn't understand why I was feeling the way I was. If the PA hadn't been on the ball and ordered the cat scan we wouldn't have found it. The would have sent me home because the EKG wasn't bad either.

The PA Had the nurse put a thing on my finger and walk me around the ER I got out of breath but my oxygen level only dropped to 93%. They sent me home and I saw the Vascular Surgeon the next day. He said. It would take 6 months but it should dissolve on its own.

• Posted

Hi Allison, I hope you have found some relief from you pain? Just to help a little bit, PE is defined as a pulmonary embolism, which is located in the lungs. A DVT, deep vein thrombosis, is usually located in one of the extremities. Granted, - PE can come from a traveling DVT. Usually with a PE, tachycardia will be greater than 100 bpm, and shortness of breath will be a symptom as well. Feeling of anxiety or doom, pain, or a notice in shortness of breath with exertion may show up too. There are multiple symptoms of a PE. Any shortness of breath should be evaluated immediately.

A DVT will usually be warm to touch and even red in some cases, have pain, and increase in swelling.

Hope this helps!

• Posted

Hi Tonya, I'm ok now! I started my menstruation a week early so that probably explains all my pain. Thank you for the info! smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.