Lamictal 25mg tablet.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Morning, I have a few questions if anyone can help me out?????

so my daughter who is 15 has epilepsy and on this medication, my question is how long before we start seeing any improvement ? She does still have seizures and MORE if anything however her consultant is worried about her and upped her dosage from 25 and now taking 150-200 morning and night?

will there be any any improvement? How long consultant is addamint she will be seizure free soon? I'm at my wits end with it all what my poor baby has to go through it breaks my heart when she gets a seizure seeming likely it's every week or 2 she gets if she lacks food or sleep? 

Can or is anyone on this medication ?? If so how long was it till u saw any irovement and became seizure free? 

Its soooooo worrying so frustrating any help or advice please!.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear of your situation. I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was 25, I was put on lamictal and I was still suffering seizures, so after a couple of months I was put on keppra and stayed on lamictal, mixed together they work well and within a month I was seizure free and have been since I'm 42 now. It's all trial and error when it comes to finding the right meds for each individual person.

• Posted

When I was young at puberty stage I had Epilepsy and I was put on phenobarbitone a low dose but it did no good so they upped it until I got the right dose but then they put me on Epanutin at 27 and at 30 my gums started to bleed and gaps appeared in teeth !! Keep her away from Epanutin it isn't a kind drug.  My Mum used to talk to me while I was having mine and I'd hear her say "it is okay I got you".  Those words made me feel safe ! 

Never taken Lamictal so cannot say if okay,  but I wish your Daughter all the best and I know what it is like as I am now 70 and had them since 14 Grrr.  Keep well the both of you and if AED's don't work don't be mucked around by Docs tell them you want what's best for Daughter xx  Good luck to you both xxxx

• Posted

Hi Shelley my daughter is 6 an got diagnosed in Aug since then her seizures have gone worse an more often we've gone from 8mls twice a day an we're on are way to 12mls she has seizures most nights now. I no how u feel it's horrible xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.