Non-drop epileptic attacks

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi I have had episodes where I fall to sleep and my husband has problems waking me due to being in a deep sleep. A neurologist has diagnosed non-drop epileptic attacks. Does anybody know how these can be prevented and what the main cause is please. I Also have type 2 diabetes and copd 2 so sometimes have to be careful. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have the same problem, my ex partner tried really hard to wake me up and nothing. He uses the term "coma" for me. It's like I fall into a coma and don't wake up. I've also have non epileptic seizures that I know when it happens.

• Posted

It's really strange. The consultant thinks that as I can hear what's going on that I don't go into a coma, but I feel like I'm in one and can't speak or open eyes.

• Posted

Hi, I suffer from a similar thing but I am awake and aware of what is going on but I can't speak or move, my husband has to really slap me to get out of the trance like state and even then I am in a daze and some times don't get my speech back for 9 or 10 hours. It is really hard as it suddenly comes on, sometimes I just flop forward and can stay in the same position for ages until someone finds me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.