What do people use for chrinic headaches?

Posted , 1 user is following.

it seems everything and anything supposedly causes tinnitus. I have it and they said no motrin. I get heaches a lot anyone have any good thing i can take? Drs are useless with this.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Do you feel that you have migraine?

Eleftherios S. Papathanasiou, PhD, FEAN

Clinical Neurophysiologist

Fellow of the European Academy of Neurology

• Posted

I have optic nerve pallor.  Diagnosed three years ago.

I get migraines and headaches.

i was using motrin and it was great then i got tinnitus. High frequency sound.I thought it was from the flu  as thats when it started.but the ent has a thing with motrinqand said ira from that. I dont know the teuth i have always used motrin. Not a ton but one pill maybe two or three times a day. If i didnt have this tinnitus i would still be taking the motrin to be honest.So now I took a tylenol but not as productive.

• Posted

sorry about the typos im am outside 
    • Posted

Motrin does have tinnitus as a side effect, which may appear after a long time of use.  But there are medications specific for migraine, such as triptans, which may be beneficial.  Discuss these migraine-specific drugs with your doctor.

• Posted

CAn i use tylenol for the other headaches. They did say thats okay. They are different meds.what do you think. I have to be careful with my optic nerve as well. 
    • Posted

The migraine specific medications target the cause of migraine, and will probably work better than tylenol.  But like I said, you should discuss this with your physician.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.