Infliximab strange side effects??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just over a week ago I had my first infliximab infusion for my crohns. Have felt slightly better since but have a strange side effect - a buzzing feeling in my thigh! It almost feels like when your mobile phone is on vibrate and is very strange, but it's only started since the infliximab. It comes and goes but can last for hours.

Has anyone else had this or any other strange side effects with infliximab???

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Did you tell the doctor? I would because some of these medicins can cause nervous system side effects that can be harmful and it needs to be reported to the FDA's webb site if you are in the US. I had unusual side effects from Imuran that were not listed on the label. They were so severe that it put me in the hospital. So I reported them to the FDA. My doctor had never seen what had happened to me before, but we confirmed it was the drug by stopping it the symptoms went away, then they wanted me to take it again and they started to come back and naturally I stopped before they got bad again. Report it to your doctor at the very least. Protect yourself.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I will let my doctor know as like you say, these medications can have nasty side effects.
  • Posted

Hi Tracey, i agree with Craig. You better tell your doctor or nurse at the hosptial. I have side effects but not strange ones. High blood pressure and headache a week or a month later.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I'll make sure I let my doctor know. How are you finding the infliximab? Are you seeing any results?

• Posted

Hi, it is helping. How long do you wait to get your infusion done at the hospital?
    • Posted

I've only recently started infliximab and had my first infusion on 23rd Dec. I get my second on Monday with the third 4 weeks later and then it should be every 8 weeks. The first week I noticed a difference but this last week I've started to feel as though I'm going downhill again. I'm hoping once I get the next one and it starts to get into my system the results might be more long lasting. Are you on any other medication with it also? I can't tolerate azathioprine which I believe is most commonly used alongside it to help prevent antibodies being made.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.