Venafalaxine for few years, past year I'm losing it..I don't know what to do anymore 😔

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,been on this a few years, this past year,I've lost control of my life, ridiculous weight gain(abnormal) like bloating.. No energy sleeping all the time,always tired,magnificent dreams..could write a book on them..lost interest in basically everything.. Ive always had ocd, cleanliness was ridiculous until now..it's like I don't care about the mess in the house, it's like I can't be bothered and I've never been lazy b4..now I'm ashamed it's like I'm a zombie..I'm currently off these 5 days and the brain zaps are just unbearable..doctors never have enough time to discuss anything so I'm at the end of hope.. Has anyone had similar feelings,etc any ideas how to get through these zaps apart from more tablets..😖😖

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm a little unclear on if you're still on effexor, tapering, or completely off as of 5 days?

Brain zaps are a normal part of withdrawal. Can become less frequent and severe if your taper was slow But I don't know your history as far as dose or tapering schedule.

• Posted

Jen

your life is a mirror image of mine last yr was on 150mg venlafaxin, wieght gain have put on 6 stone in 3 yrs, without eating a lot ! sleeping i would sleep at the drop of a hat, spent most saturdays and sundays or any day off asleep, dreams I would sometimes sleep to have the dreams they were better than tv, some that vivid and repeating i sometimes questioned which was real !!, zaps thought it was sleep apnea, zombie is a good name i called it the death stare just looking at things but not looking, conversations withΒ  people were tiresome.

this xmas i decided cold turkey, not to be recommended zaps, headaches, flu symptoms , stomach pain now on day 13 and really feel better , still got something pain although getting better and nausea

• Posted

Hi Jen

I am totally the same, and also considering stopping, but I am concerned about panic attacks as I seem to have rebound anxiety when I reduce the dose.

I have chronic apathy, can whole-heartedly relate to the convos, dreams, weight gain, general zero care factor about cleanliness (including myself, a former two shower a day person, it's ridiculous).

The brain zaps are particularly prevalent with ven and desven, I've been on both, but they will subside. Never recommended to go cold turkey though as you know, but please update me, I need some hope!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.