My periods

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was put on the pill at the age of 14 because I still hadn't started my periods I stopped the pill at 20 and tried for a baby for a year nothing happened and no period I'm back on the pill and was worried if I'm infertile is it normal for Dr's to put you on the pill before you actually have your first ever period??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've never heard of any Dr putting any female on Birth control before they had there 1st menstruation. I would seek another Dr is you're seeing the same one. I know being on Birth control for so many years can make you infertil.

• Posted

My daughter fell pregnant 2 months after stopping the pill after 14 years of taking it. Don't give up hope. Keep to a healthy weight, not too slim, and eat well and your periods should begin when your body is at its fittest.

• Posted

Yes I've been taking the pill since 14 I'm now 22 and I'm goin to stop taking it I'm going to go to the doctors for advice about me being put on the pill before I actually started my period she done this so I would start bleeding but it's not a natural bleed so in my whole life I've probably never produced an egg sad

• Posted

Yes it's a good idea to discuss with your doctor and explain your worries re egg production.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.