Hormone Imbalance And Whole Body Eczema?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have always had head to toe skin rashes. I went to countless dermatologists and was told I had eczema. I used steroids, tried removing foods, and nothing ever helped. My body was covered from head to toe in it.  I found something very interesting. As I went through menopause, the higher amount of estrogen I take  horrible full body rashes just disappear!!! I am starting to suspect that my symptoms my whole life were a lack of estrogen. Has anyone else noticed that if they increase their estrogen that their skin problems goes away? If so, do you know why this is? I know high testosterone can cause low estrogen but not sure I have that problem. I have known all my life it can't just be eczema. I tried to convince Drs but they would just shun me. Now here I am on estrogen therapy and have almost no itch anymore. My skin is soft and almost clear!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi HopeAgain. That is really really new and interesting!! I have been with eczema for all 45 years life. And I'll be in menopause soon.

I guess in my country(Asis) oldest eczema patients are just hit 50's now. So there is no study about estrogen and eczema.

My worst time was when I had my boy in my tummy. It took years to recover.

I'm now OK because I know my triggers and can take them off.

I'll see how taking estrogen which I'm planning effects my skin.

• Posted

Me too! When I was pregnant my skin was so severe that they had to put me into labor early. I was covered from head to toe with blisters too. I know when you are pregnant your estrogen is higher but your your progesterone is much, much higher. It is the progesterone that causes me a problem.
    • Posted

Interesting!

Is progesterone higher when we pregnant boy? Because when I had my girl, I didn't have any symptoms.

Me too. I was sent to Emergency when I was 9 months pregnant.

At the moment, humidity makes my skin fragile. So in summer, I'm OK as long as I'm in the room with air conditioner.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.