Has anyone experienced this -Please any advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have quit my E-Cig now this is my 3rd day and last night in bed it was horrendous, I had terrible pains and needles in my arms , I just couldn't sleep I also suffer with health anxiety and started to panic I was having a heart attack.

Is this normal when giving up nicotine !!!!

Please any advice

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Natalie.

Yes, as you withdraw from nicotine, you will experience some withdrawal symptoms. It is a good thing that you're aware of your health anxiety. The numb tingles and chest tightness are due to anxiety. You're veering off into a panic attack. Your symptoms are a combination, then, of withdrawal and panic. Stay strong and fight through it. The feelings won't hurt you; they're just scary.

This website has a super active Anxiety Forum. I highly recommend you check it out if you haven't already. We have a great community there that can help you if needed. (:

Best wishes xxx

• Posted

Thanks very much , I am definitely experiencing some strange withdrawal symptoms, hope they subside soon.

I am part of the Anxiety forum and your totally right it's a fantastic community, who have helped me on many occasions.

Thanks again for the reassurance. Xxx

• Posted

Your body literally goes through withdrawal from any type of nicotine.Check with your Dr If this is anxiety induced it is still hurtful to you .Errorkon the side of safety.Did you get back or jaw pain?Chestnpain? Call Doc,review theses questions.
  • Posted

To look cool.I qut,Wish I had sooner,You could try making some chamomile tea.Let the tea bag steep for 5 minutes with the cup covered.It might help with your anxiety and maybe with the withdraw symtoms.Tylenol or motren might help too if your able to take them.If your symptoms get bad do not hesitate to see a doctor or go to the ER.Don't worry they wont mind helping you.Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.