Heart Aneurysm Hbp

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm a 21 year old male who is 6'3'' with 4.6 cm thoracic aneurysm. Have had fatigue, difficulty breathing, back pain and hbp. My hbp is especially bad at morning and night. I am on lisinopril and which help but I consistently messed 150/150 I'm morning. Doctors say it isn't big enough to do anything but monitor. Any advice?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Since you're having multiple issues, I recommend getting a second opinion. The good news is, you are very young. Everything I've read about this states that when you experience symptoms like that, it could mean that you are close to having a rupture.

Keep us posted. We all care and this is a great forum. Sending positive thoughts your way. 👍🏻

• Posted

Are you with a cardiologist or just a Primary Doctor? Get a second opinion. 150/150 is extreme. How long have you been on lisinopril. You may need an additional BP medicine. When is your next scan of your aneurysm?
  • Posted

As I posted I'm 67 and have a 5.3 AAA. I have never had trouble breathing or back pain. My BP has always been controlled.

No more than I know about it your doctor may need to change your BP Medes. You should talk to him about it. SOON and be sure to tell him about the back pain. That is a sign of possible upcoming rupture 

• Posted

Has anyone mentioned Marfan syndrome or connective tissue disorder to you? With your height and age, I would think you should be checked for that.
  • Posted

I had a TAA..Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm. Female age 56 yrs old. Diagnosed 8 yrs ago 4.8 cm when discovered. It was found during test for another reason. I was followed for 8yrs before having the surgery. Didn't really have any issues until a couple of months before the surgery. It was 5.8 cm when I had surgery May 2016. I started having back pain prior to the surgery. Location and size of the aneurysm plays a part in the symptoms, also height and weight. Everyone is different! My surgery was successful, although very painful recovery. They can rupture, they can dissection do keep close communication with your cardiologist. They really have your best interest at heart. I waited 8yrs for mine to get to the surgery marker of 5.5cm.. Hang in there, explain your symptoms. I didn't have high blood pressure or any other issues and no Marfan's either. Marfan tends to run in families, there's other reasons for aneurysms. Don't lift heavy things or do any type of cardiovascular. Do the research..stay healthy and err on the side of cautious! You can never be too careful. If you are not satisfied with your physician, seek a second opinion. I hope this helps!

• Posted

Forgot to tell you. I had open heart procedure.. the whole kit and caboodle, lasted 7 hrs. I was originally told 4hrs until day of surgery. Recovery has proven to be hard and slow but I am much better now, closer to normal. My new normal because it never goes back to the same..
    • Posted

Thank you for sharing this. I have a lot of anxiety. I'm at 4.2 and can't stop thinking about the chance of surgery someday. You really helped with your post.

Take good care and keep sending post op updates. We all care. 🙏🏻

• Posted

Check your blood pressure when you are relaxed with no one around and relax don't talk when you record your pressure. Write down your results and discuss them with your doctor. Try a different blood pressure medicine there are many on the market. I take an arb now and my blood pressure is better. Also watch your sodium and caffeine intake and no alcohol. Mine is 4.3 and I'm scared too but I know it will be ok. I also have shortness of breath but that is better now that I am off beta blockers. Try to reduce stress in your life too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.