Having a bad morning

Posted , 6 users are following.

All was well until 6 am, got up to visit the bathroom, back to bed and heart started going crazy.

It is now 11.30am and my heart rate is 142 steady but I keep getting those awful heat flushes which make everything dizzy. I was going to go for my usual walk but I think I will lie down for a while instead

Isn't this stuff awful!

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you Gwen, yes it is so awful.  You're best to lie down, we were told to go A & E.  What meds are you on and any idea what triggers it off.  Hope you're better now.  I had an attack  y.day after 2 sherries, I'd had a meal too so don't know whether it was the alcohol, never again!   I'm on Sotalol and dabigatran, but took a 5 mg bisoprolol y.day as advised by GP if I go off rhythm.  Fortunately it worked but I'm so shattered today.  All the best to you Gwen, whereabouts are you?  

• Posted

Thank you Pauline. I'm not on any meds now. I was taken off Bisoprolol and Flecainide last year because my cardio said I didn't need them any more. But, since then I have been having bouts of afib and flutter.

I will probably be better tomorrow, so I don't like to get anyone else involved.

• Posted

Try to go back to bed, rest and do nothing. It seems to work for me. I get the heat flashes and dizziness just before I'm going to faint, which is why it's important for u to lie down. Hope it helps.  

• Posted

It's funny isn't it? One day fine, then wham I feel like the last 11 hours I've battling a storm.

I've spent the whole day laying down in and out of sleep and afraid to move. It's 5pm now and feel a it better, I just hope it lasts

I wish we knew what causes these symptoms.

Xx

• Posted

Hi Gwen

Sympathise with you my heart is going at165 andflutters like a butterfly. Have no energy to do things. Good for you going for a walk that  must be doing you good. Sleep is still evading me I have about 1hour a night and I wake up in a state of deep anxiety. Is anone else getting these?

• Posted

Oh my goodness Wendy, I find it so weakening.  I also find its worse if I don't get enough sleep, I resort to piriton to help me sleep. Are you on meds?  My prayers are with you to,feel better in this new year.  Be strong all of us on here. X 

• Posted

Well said Pauline, thank goodness for everyone on here, and thanks to all of you for your sound advice, A Happy and AF free New year to you all.

L x

• Posted

Strangely enough, I've been getting really good nights sleep lately and feeling quite well, so I don't understand it

I do take a painkiller at bedtime though, which helps relax me.

• Posted

Hi Wendy, I often get flutters with my heart racing at 130 ish but I can function normally and when I go for a walk it settles back down after a couple of hours, but I had a feeling today was not going to be good.

I haven't got up to 165 since my last ablation and I feel for you and if your not getting enough sleep, it won't be helping. I take a strong painkiller at bedtime which helps to relax me, would you consider this?

I wish you well and thank you for your kind message.

• Posted

Hi Gwen,

I hope by the time you recieve this you are feeling a bit better, I think the worst thing is not knowing why it suddenly starts after not having it for a while.I usually lay down on my back with my head a shoulders raised works for me.

Hope you soon feel beter

L x

• Posted

Thanks Linda, I'm sitting up and taking notice again now! 😵 That was eleven hours of battling the storm that fortunately only comes every so often.

Xx

• Posted

I would like to thank everyone for their words of support yesterday, it really helped.

This morning my heart rate has returned to a good 66bpm and I feel well.

Happy New year to you all xx

• Posted

Hi Gwen,

Noticed you haven't been on the forum for a while are you OK?

L x

• Posted

Hi Linda, Yes thanks, I'm OK. Like most of us on here, I have good days and bad days.

I visit the forum most days to see what's happening, but I haven't posted anything for a while.

How are you? Are you going on alright?

Again, thank you for your concern xx

• Posted

Hi Gwen,

As long as you are ok the last time you posted you were suffering, I am ok thanks like everyone else taking each day as it comes and just getting on with things can't worry about what might be.

Take care

L x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.