ESA Medical with Fibro and CFS

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well i have my ESA medical assesment this week and i am dreading it especially since the PIP one was horrible amd has ended up at tribunal ( still waiting for a date)

I just dont know how to deal with it....i am anxious scared and its really worrying me.

Anyone know what to expect and how to deal with these people?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clare!

Aw gosh, Having left work just before Christmas, I will also be applying for those too. I can't offer any advice, because I have never applied for them before, but keep us posted on your progress, were in a similar boat.

Take Care

Emma?

• Posted

Hi Clare I had my tribunal just before Christmas and I got awarded low rate care but they took my mobility away so having to start again hope goes ok with you
  • Posted

Hi Clare, I can't advise you on an ESA medical fortunately this is one I have not had to encounter as I have just been placed in support group without medical. But I have been to tribunal for PIP twice. My advise to you is to gather as my evidence as possible as this is what they go by most of the time especially in the tribunals. Also explain everything which is on your worse day. The tribunal is independent and they are normally very nice and understanding. My pip assessment was a joke and my assessor lied and gave false information. I know 60% of cases for pip taken to tribunal are successful so hang on and be positive. I was in bits for months of worry over my tribunal and I broke down with a panic attack in the room due to stress as how much I relied on the money it was a pressure. Keep positive read through your application form and argue points which they havnt awarded you. Good luck X 

• Posted

Can relay to all this information I been to two tribunals it was very draining tiring and very embarrassing having to explain your every pain how many times do people have to go threw these things for benefits if consultants state it what's the problem m due to contact the pip again as my health has deteriated more in the last 12 months again but I can't keep going threw paperwork as have numerous health problems not just fibro what do I do ?

• Posted

I had to go through being reinstated twice after two very unfair assessments and clerical errors which defied belief with ESA and PIPS and won both times. As it was such a nightmare with all the anxiety and stress involved whilst waiting for a home Esa reassessment I decided to work again no matter what I am now a month on. I found the job independent to the Dwp. Where I live jobs are very hard to find. I am a single mother have had Fibro for over ten years and had shoulder surgery. Two days after this they stopped my benefits for Esa due to a flawed assessment a month before

. I had to get my GP, MP and surgeon involved. I had sick notes as well. I got three letters of apology . The main thing isf going to tribunal is to have a copy of their report on your assessment and as much medical evidence as possible. Best of luck

• Posted

Been there done it, don't make eye contact, try and not say too much, but just tell the truth at the end of the day your illness is real and don't let them trick you into pretending to be so friendly because they don't know how you feel but just you convince them, you are entitled to it. Xxx good luck

• Posted

Oh and Clare try and have as many medical files that you have or get with you x I had to get a letter from my doctor advising of how anxious I was and he had to give me some medication to deal with that x
  • Posted

Well i went for my medical assesment today and i was really poorly this morning. I had been up all night with severe Hip pain i felt so sick as i think i took to many pain killers ( accidently) I havent slept for 3 nights and looked exhausted.

I got there 5 mins before.my time. Once we were 5 mins late my husband asked them how long as i was in so much pain. within mins we were seen by a lovley gentleman who took my repeat prescription list photo copied it asked a couple of questions my husband answered for me as i was in so much pain.rocking i was half asleep and had tears rolling.down my face.

He then said he was not going to do any physical exams as he can.clearly see iwill suffer amd looking at my drug list he cant even understand why i had been put throigh this ordeal.

I never let guard down as they can be sneeky but my husband just told the truth and my GP jad written them a letter with my full diagnosis on.. Been with my GP for 12 years so he has seen the good with me and knows me very well amd knows i am not in a good way

Good luck to you all

• Posted

Just make sure to tell them everything I've been to two appeals four years ago and with the help off cab man he was a blessing had helped me with paperwork as I couldn't stay awake .its very daunting the only thing try to remember all aches and pains

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.