Nurofen Plus Addiction

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's the first time I've had the courage to add up the cost. Over £7000 per year and that's only the financial cost. My stomach is taking a battering as well xx Drew

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Drew,

It can be an expensive habit. I was spending $30 a day at one stage, but nothing compares to the price of your health. Do you have time to take off if heaven forbid,you end up in hospital with internal damage? I have read some really bad stories about people on this stuff, some even dying, which was the big wake up call for me. It happens, don't let it happen to you...

• Posted

Thank you Didi. I know. It is a big worry because a long period of sick leave could cripple me financially. xx Drew
  • Posted

Yep, I have to admit that one of the factors leading me off the horrid N+ was the dent in my finances. I found N+ at the top of my list each week, ahead of absolute necessities like food, petrol, parking etc...  Main factor was health concerns and pharmacy monitoring purchases.  Tapering is probably not as cost effective as CT but I couldn't do all at once. Each to their own

• Posted

Oh no Drew...how come your spending 7 grand a year? That's awful. Poor you.You must get help...💜

• Posted

I know but if I work it out, it is over £7K. It's crippling me xx Drew

• Posted

No way Drew.You have to get help. Tell doctor the truth.I'm no doctor but your liveror kidney could be permanently damaged. Please ring helpline that can get you help..Sending love to you Drew.Addiction is easy to beat with right support. You can do it.PS.I'm addicted to other "legal " drugs..but It's under control.Well to me but perhaps not to a "normal " person.🙇🙏👼💪?💖👍xx

• Posted

Thanks Amanda. It's very kind of you. I will try and sort it out xx Drew

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.