Ibd?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Started in September when I had some blood in my stool. Then pain around naval and to left and right. Generalised pain when I press down on most places in my abdomen.

Then I became constipated and have been for around 3 months now! I poo about twice a week and only tiny amounts, and the occasional diarrhea. I had a lot of mucus in my stools but not as much now, and there's tiny white Bits in My stool'

Developed 5 swollen lymph nodes in my neck that are painless and have been there for 2 months.

Have pain around stomach and some pain higher up around ribs.

Feel weak a lot, and cold all the time. Ever since this started, I've progressively felt worse and when I exercise my head gets very itchy!

Have tiny white spots in most of my stools as well!

Seems as though my skin is getting paler as well, as I can see all my veins I need my feet and hands!

Been to hospital once because at first I thought it was appendicitis, they ran some bloods and went home fine. Been to the doctor waiting for celiac test back.

Any ideas as I can't see my doctor until next month?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It could be IBD, but the only way to tell is a colonoscopy. They need to see where the bleeding is coming from and take a few samples to be tested. I have IBD through my entire colon and I can tell you it is painful and can make one lose weight fast. You also bleed a lot. Not sure why your nodes are swollen though unless you have an infection or something. Keep an eye on the bleeding. If it gets severe go to the hospital right away. The sooner you get in to see a Gastro the better. Try to hang in there.
    • Posted

Hi Craig,

My celiac test came back negative but my immunoglobulins were Slightly raised, any ideas what that means?

• Posted

Hi

It could be Diverticulitis, which has the same symptoms as IBD.  Only a colonoscopy or virtual colonography would tell.  With Diverticulitis you get infection and inflammation, which might account for the swollen lymph nodes, fighting infection.  Suggest you push for the colonoscopy - it's not pleasant but it would rule out  quite a few conditions if nothing found.  Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.