Newly diagnosed hs

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive had some skin issues all of my life and food, stress, hormones have always caused issues for me. I'm currently going into menopause with hormones running amuck.Over the summer I nicked myself shaving and had what I thought was a boil... soon it was many and hard lumps under armpit, then spread... went on heavy dose antibiotics and things seemed mostly clear... now I'm at my second outbreak within several months. Dr. put me on two antibiotics and wants me to see surgeon. Has anyone had luck doing dosage of antibiotics and radically changing diet to paleo in conjunction with lifestyle changes without surgery?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

A diet will not help. People have tried that, people have lost sooo much weight thinking it would help, it didnt, personally antibiotics didn't help me at all , nor did surgery , I'm stage 3 and well basically too late for me to try anything . It happened so fast, literally weeks. Not months or years, weeks. I'm 17 years old currently. Surgery could help you depending I guess.. maybe if you're still at stage one it will help alot , but remember it will never be a premanent fix..

• Posted

I found after a lot of experimenting that giving up dairy helped me a great deal. I too had courses of antibiotics, also steroids, and they only helped a little bit. The link to dairy was something I discovered by accident as I stopped having dairy to see if it heped with something else, and found a big improvement in the HS. Give it a try, it might help.
    • Posted

My daughter had a alergie test and vitamin and minerals deficiency she was dairy intolerant and magnesium very low since changing her diet and taking supplements she is almost in remission. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Hi susan, antibiotics dont work, surgery might work for some. Zinc pills are like antibiotics and keep the HS away as long as you take it. I bet they are safer and they certainly are cheaper than antibiotics. I take a 70mg pill every day after a flare up and if all my bumps are gone i drop down to 1 pill every second day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.