Can someone please help me? Im 20years old and so so scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 20 year old, normally love life but since symptoms started i have withdrawn myself and so scared.

End of October, 4-5 weeks after getting back from south africa , i had severe bloating and pain for 1 week (which i haven't had since), so i then started prodding and poking my abdomen fairly hard to see if i could feel any lumps or bumps which i could feel a hard sausage shape in my lower left abdoman which seems to come and go? The lump still present now.

I have been having bleeding on and off. Mainly seeming bright red, but this morning it looked a dark red.

The blood is never on the toilet paper always looks like its in a clear mucus on the outside of the stool. Not much of it but it is able to be seen. The water has never turned red like piles normally do.

I have also seen 4 weeks ago i had white mucus in some of the cracks of the stool though i havnt seen this recently

I have been having one BM each morning and the first part appears normal and formed followed by soft stool but not diareah

I did notice on one of my bowel movements there was one worm and while in Africa on a couple of days i Felt a wriggling sensation in my anus but no itching , but i took tablets for that which i self diagnosed as thread worm and bought over the counter and i haven't seen any worms Since but there's still blood sometimes ?

I had my bloods done and everything came back normal but cancer normally does that doesn't it ? Its the other less worrying causes that actually cause issues with blood counts

Im serverely confused and scared. My mum already lost my brother a few years ago , it would kill her if anything happened to me

Sorry for the essay but didn't want to miss anything. I am booked in for a sigmoidoscopy by my GP as he says 'im clearly not going to calm down so i need reassurance but he doubts they will find anything' but i haven't been given a date yet so im looking for some more information in the mean time?

So in short my only symptom at the moment is bleeding sometimes , and normal stool formation followed by soft stool. No itching , no burning or cramping

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Amy- you should see your doc - and have the test he has advised you to have

there's no point in guessing what is wrong.

I doubt if you have cancer - something would show in a blood test if you had it.

I know  because that is what I'm going to have checked next week.

Calm down - it probably isn't as bad as you think.

Good Luck

Susan

• Posted

I think its great you are doing the sigmoidoscopy but that doesn't check the whole colon. Have you asked about getting a colonoscopy? I don't think your symptoms are too serious except maybe the blood. But if your blood counts are okay and you are not anemic then you can be assured that the blood is most likely not coming from the stomach or anywhere higher up in the colon. Sometimes anemia can be the only symptom of colon cancer so be glad you don't have that. The bleeding can be anything really. And the fact that you can actually see it indicates that it's probably coming from lower in the colon. Try not to worry. Get yourself checked out and I'm sure it won't be any thing serious.

Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you , the sigmoidoscopy is because blood is always red and on the outside of the stool . so its from low down. Plus the odd twinge is in the area of my sigmoid . so he thinks that will find the problem

Can UC or chrons and various other things such as parasites be missed on a full blood count ?

Thanks

Amy

• Posted

Hey Amy, so sorry for my late reply, my work load piled up.

How was the sig?  And I don't think a blood count would show UC or Chron's, unless you were anemic, as they sometimes can cause that.  I think a stool test would show parasites though.

• Posted

Haven't had it yet , its tommorow sad . praying its UC or something that can be easily managed

• Posted

He found internal hemmoroids but nothing else rolleyes so its a mystery what this lump is, as there's not really any organs in the lower left abdoman. So he said could be my bowl contacting or possible hernia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.