BV helpful tips

Posted , 5 users are following.

As posted from my previous thread I feel everyone's pain and heartache over this problem. It causes such stress to have this condition and we all try so hard to be rid of it. I will share what has been helping me. I first had BV around 31. I let this go two years not knowing what to do. I douched with Greek yogurt and it helped but it always came back. I then went to my gyno and she prescribed me metronidazole and it cleared it up. However, it creeped its way back. I used to have it badly with the watery discharge and grey thick discharge with the horrible fish smell. I've managed to keep it at bay and control it. First, I don't knock down suggestions but I'm. It a fan of sticking anything up there. Towards the end of my period I use suppositories and usually one or two helps. Another thing, fast food and oils I've noticed offset it down there. Lastly and very importantly after my shower I use the cool setting on my blow dryer to completely dry that area right away. Also, for about a month I been drinking peppermint tea and I've noticed I been ok. These aren't proven medical facts but they been working for me and I felt my need to share with my fellow sufferers.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Supporities as in ?
    • Posted

You can order it from Aja on or go to your local cvs .. I have to write it a certain way cuz I don't think the wenditeckryd you post brands. It's called VH essential suppositories

• Posted

Hi how long did you have it before it started getting better? those are the exact symptoms I have, do you think that letting it go untreated at first made it chronic?  what exactly made yours go away?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.