Itchy plugged ear

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone experienced itchy ear canal and feels blocked??? My ear is so itchy right now I'm tempted to put something inside to scratch it. ( of course I won't) said I'm tempted but not stupid lol. Anyway anyone else get this? What did you do to help itching and unplug ear ? I put olive oil in my ear and it's still itchy.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maryann, sounds like a fungal infection those cause immense itchiness and can effect any place of your body. I deal with Candida + other nasty stuff lately... try garlic + olive oil. i think you can get garlic in liquid form. seeing what your local chemist offers in terms of anti-fungals for ears would be a good start. hope that helps you toward the right direction!. 
  • Posted

Also keep in mind the area your in, or workplace etc. consider that place that triggers it most often. is it itchier in the morning or more than the evening? it could even be allergy related issue. 
  • Posted

The best thing to do is see a doctor. You can't diagnose something on this website as none of us can see in your ear and neither can you. A doctor can see if you have a hair that is irritating inside of your ear, wax blockage, infection, allergy or dermatitis. People that clean their ears with cotton buds get itchy ears because they take a layer of wax off their canal by constant cleaning. The ear then becomes irritated until the person leaves the ear for a few months, but it doesn't sound like this is what you are doing. Good luck!!

• Posted

Hi Maryann; I am not a doctor, or a medical professional,  I can only comment on this.   I have heard some talk about issue simular to this due to winter months and dryness to not only your skin but to your ear canals too.  I too would not put anything in there, but I would like someone else had mentioned to see a doctor to just rule more serious issues out.    But now here is my real comment.  We have gotten so use to using ear buds, ear phones,  bluetooth headsets for our cell phones and other add on devices to listen to our music, phone calls and an occassional audio book.  Sharing these add ons with others, and even periodic cleaning is someting we need to take care of.  I know even when I am using my cell phone without those devices I may sweat, I may be passing fungals or other bacteria to my ears.  Just a thought and a comment.   Didn't mean to gross people out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.