Help on what's gluten free

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with ibs for over 6 years now and am now under investigation for Celiac disease ,gluten and lactose intolerance and bactierial stomach infections.

I want to attempt to change my diet again to reduce pain.

I'm wondering if

Tuna and sweetcorn (no mayo)

Salad

Chicken

White rice in small amounts

Peas and seeet corn

Carrot sticks

Cucumber sticks

Cheese mini bites

Honey roasted chashews

Snackajacks and kettle chips

Is a good gluten free diet.

I'm not worried about my weight I just am very limited on what I can eat and the above meal plan is what I've come up with out i of the foods I can eat. Is this a good idea or are there any foods on the list that aren't good for celiac ect please?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

its simple really, anything with wheat or gluten - avoid.  Just checking ingredients will tell you all you need to know.  It can be quite limiting but as long as you avoid anything with gluten or wheat in the ingredients, thats all you need to worry about
  • Posted

If you are under investigation don't exclude wheat until they have diagnosed. 

Be careful of crisps as some have gluten on them. Most non processed foods are okay. Why not have more fish and veg?

I thought cheese contains lactose?

• Posted

Hi ForestFlower

In general your list looks gluten safe but always check labels!

One thing to be careful of is the tuna. In the beggining of my Celiac (6 yrs ago) I had some tuna from a foil pouch I got extremely sick. After looking into it the tuna contained vegetable broth. I only buy tuna that says gluten free on it.

Good Luck with everything!

Bob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.